Anybody know if there's a way to change the color of the cluster lights?

Jake Trashansky

Long Island, New York
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I recently saw a picture (which I think might just be camera trucks or weird lighting) and I think it's a cool idea. Anybody know how to do this? If there even is a way to do it. Thanks!

6e6b961dbe51b5dc18d35948279b1efb.jpg

It can be done, as it was done on the 8th gen as well -

C58PBnS.jpg

HR9QE2i.jpg

person said it was done with smd led bulbs.

There's three smd LEDs under it that I put 3mm LEDs in...same way to change odometer and speedometer colors along with all the switches etc. Yes it was somewhat daunting..for the speedometer I had to desolder the three LCD boards, swap the lights to pink for speedometer, rev limit light and security light, then resolder the three screens back in. Took about 40 hours to do the whole interior but it was my first time tackling something like this.

Okay, so I know this is going to sound weird and all but I figure that since our Civic Si have digital speedometers and mostly did with gauges in general, does anyone know if there is a way to change the color of the gauge itself? If not then it's not a big deal I saw another si on the road they had a red speedometer so they got me to thinking. Thanks for any input by the way.

I wasn't necessarily talking about the entire dashboard including the radio just the speedometer to match red but to be honest with you that would also mean I have to match my VTEC monitor and my fuel gauge in red as well and I'm not sure I want to do that.

If you have an Si, aren't all the gauges red already?

Doe's any one know where a tutorial is?
post 2 explains it-

There's three smd LEDs under it that I put 3mm LEDs in...same way to change odometer and speedometer colors along with all the switches etc. Yes it was somewhat daunting..for the speedometer I had to desolder the three LCD boards, swap the lights to pink for speedometer, rev limit light and security light, then resolder the three screens back in. Took about 40 hours to do the whole interior but it was my first time tackling something like this.

if you're confident in soldering, it shouldn't be much different than the 8th gen swap

Back