Anyone have clearance issues with D2's?!

Atsownz

I ended up scoring a deal on some local wheels in 18x8.5 +45 with a 225/40/18 on them. I was wondering if you guys could give me a little help on a question. I know from researching these will fit no problem with up to a 2" or so drop before worrying about fender mods etc.

However, I have heard people have ran into issues with hitting the actual strut. I want to order a set of D2's but worried I may have have the wheel/tire hitting the strut issue with this offset. Do you have any advice or knowledge?

I ended up scoring a deal on some local wheels in 18x8.5 +45 with a 225/40/18 on them. I was wondering if you guys could give me a little help on a question. I know from researching these will fit no problem with up to a 2" or so drop before worrying about fender mods etc.

However, I have heard people have ran into issues with hitting the actual strut. I want to order a set of D2's but worried I may have have the wheel/tire hitting the strut issue with this offset. Do you have any advice or knowledge?

you'll be fine, you will have 6mm more clearance between the strut and the wheel than i do. just make sure the sway bar bracket collar is as close to the bottom as possible.

you shouldnt have to roll fenders.

You think 225/40's for tires will be ok as well?

My wheels are 8.5 inches wide with a +32 offset and my wheels aren't even close to hitting any part of the D2's. however, my offset being so much lower than yours might make a difference, although I don't think the insides of my wheels are as close as 13mm, but I haven't looked since I installed the coilovers. Sleepingpanda has 6mm less clearance than you so if he doesn't have any issues, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Sleepingpanda how much clearance do you have? Trying to calculate total clearance.

JAYBLS thanks bud! I'm hoping I can make these work without adding spacers and then fender work.

almost none. lol i dont know how to describe it. imagine the sway bar bracket collar thats on the D2's not being able to move from the bottom. It has to be there because it kind of sits inside my wheel, almost as if it was machined to fit. lol.

)] <--- like that, the rounded part pretend is the collar, and the squared part is the top of my wheel. the wheel surrounds the collar.

Just like I told you in the message, get a camber kit. That is the OEM offset and its a wider wheel. The camber kit will help you bring it more positive to clear away from the strut and you dont have to worry about the fenders at all cuz there is more clearance on them from the wheel/tire. You should be fine though, just get a rear camber kit and you will be golden!

Back