Anyone have issues with the aiming of fogs/lows/highs?

spicy

I just recently switched out my drls/highs and my fogs, and noticed that they are very awkwardly aimed.

Normally the driver side bulbs will be slightly lower than the passenger side, which is normal so as to not blind on coming drivers, but my drl/high on my passenger side aims almost directly at the driver side of my car, so the "hotspot" is more in front of the driver side field of view, and the passenger side of view is much darker.

The driver side fog also seems to shine a bit higher than that of the passenger, so it spreads further along side the driver side, and it doesnt have quite as sharp a cutoff as the passenger side does.

(i have not adjusted any of the factory settings at all, and all the bulbs are seated correctly in their housings)

Anyone else have any issues?

I guess I haven't seen any stock headlight patterns to really see how they are aimed. Did you notice the same results with the stock bulbs?

Out of curiosity, are the fender and bumper gaps all pretty consistent right around your lights? If you ever take your actual headlights off the car, you can really alter the direction of the beam quite a bit (even with the minimal gaps between the body panels). You wouldn't think there is the ability for so much play with the bolts, but there really is.

everything seems to line up alright. i went to an ideal parking lot tonight and had my girlfriend flash (sounds hilarious) the highs i figured out, but the fogs are still off. driver side looks like a typical low beam cutoff, not sharp, but not much glare above the hot spot. the passenger side has a cutoff similar to a retrofit. its extremely sharp, with little glare above the cutoff line.

im going to take apart the housing sometime in the next week and see whats what. its very unusual, but honestly not that noticeable from looking at it head on. it just bothers me.

I shot customlightz a message to see if he has a suggestion or if he saw similar things when he did a 9th retrofit.

Back