Anyone have issues with the fog light overlays? Overheating and melting ?

2013civic_si

Was going to order the fog overlays and noticed the site says turn the fogs off if stationary for a few minutes to prevent melting. Anyone ever had any issues with melting ?

I had the overlays and I recently switched to yellow PIAA bulbs. I hardly ever used my fog lights but when I took the overlays off they were clearly melted on. They were a pain to get off and like I said I hardly used them. I could see how they wouldn't last long if they were on all the time.

That's my experience with the overlays. I guess the quality of the plastic could have something to do with it as well. I know lots of the other forum members have them. They look great but I'm not sure how functional they are.

The overlays will be fine without melting as long as you dont stretch it to much when applying. However, depending on when its removed and the quality of the overlay if it leaves a residue or not.

Just from what I've read it's ok or not, some melt some don't, how much the power of the bulb should be considered. and any time you you use a filter(over lay), it's cutting down on how much light you're going to throw down the road, where as the PIAA bulbs will give you the best light(IMO), but doesn't have the colour look when they're off(the PIAA's do give off that look to ppl in the know, that you're wearing a real "Rolex".

For the amount of people who use them and haven't complained I think you'll be fine. Even though mine melted, they came off the lens with a bit of rubbing. If I hadn't taken them off i wouldn't have known. I couldn't tell by looking at them.

They do add to the look of the front end.

I have blue vinyls over mine and just changed one because it was starting to peel. I had no issues with mine, but I'm using Smh LEDS .

Last edited:
Back