apple CarPlay and navigation

Danny Lugo

Hey guys do you know of somebody that actually put a navigation and let's say Apple car? I have a SI non-navigation is there's a guide to change to to have a apple car display?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Major brands like kenwood, pioneer etc have apple CarPlay stereo/nav units.

You know you can mirror your entire phone screen while driving? I actually have a amazon firestick on my car, its pretty cool what the stock headunit can do.

You know you can mirror your entire phone screen while driving? I actually have a amazon firestick on my car, its pretty cool what the stock headunit can do.

I've seen people do a radio swap with one that supports Apple Car play. It's a pretty easy swap for you, considering you have the touch screen radio rather than the basic one. The only issues you'd run into would be with the HDMI input and USB in the console. The USB port would become essentially just a charging port and would be unable to transfer data, and the HDMI port would become essentially useless. Not to mention the loss of steering wheel controls (without an adapter). Not really worth all the hassle, besides, having a fire stick plugged into your car is WAYYYY more badass than Apple car play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All you do is plug it in the HDMI port and to the usb port, the usb port is just to give power to the firestick, after that turn the car on set up the firestick with your phones "hotspot" to give it wifi and you're done. My son was watching a movie on our way back from GA 3 weeks ago.

All you do is plug it in the HDMI port and to the usb port, the usb port is just to give power to the firestick, after that turn the car on set up the firestick with your phones "hotspot" to give it wifi and you're done. My son was watching a movie on our way back from GA 3 weeks ago.

Hey! I have a 2013 SI Coupe so I have the old stereo. I have kept my factory system, because I don't like the cheap shiny plastic of most HUs out there. Do you know if the new factory deck would work in my 2013?

@twister8008 Hey, honestly I'm not sure but I can tell you I had an aftermarket headunit in my 12 Si, it was a pioneer appradio 3 it was amazing! I did everything on it (movies,navi, youtube, browser) all I did was connect my phone to it and that was it. It looked stock and the bezel I bought matched real well, I actually still have thay bezel if you're interested in it. Also the new appradio 4 looks very similar to the 2014+ civic Si headunit if you're going for the same look.

DSCN1768_zpsjxe6fj3r.jpg
DSCN1785_zpspbw4rrib.jpg
DSCN1774_zpsfitnpgfx.jpg
DSCN1780_zpsam1ssl2e.jpg
DSCN1778_zpscdp4bcxl.jpg
DSCN1770_zpsmzh2kb6y.jpg

Sounds good, If you have any questions about it lmk. Remember to also look at the appradio 4. It has a cleaner look.

E6E10C41-1B21-4675-945B-867DAE081DE7_zpsnq1ed5xa.jpg

Back