Are there any cams for the k24z7 yet?

Nothing yet, i emailed a company called Brian Crower, they make cams for Hondas and others, this was their response:

We are talking about but we are trying to judge the market as it is about $45K in tooling to make the new cam cores.

We can regrind your factory cams but do not have a cam core available at this time.

Thank you,
Dustin Spencer

-------

Brian Crower, Inc.

skunk2, kelford, crower, comp, blox ....& more have all made cams for past hondas. Might be worth contacting them to see their response.

skunk2, kelford, crower, comp, blox ....& more have all made cams for past hondas. Might be worth contacting them to see their response.
i'll start emailing! i'm very interested as this will be my next performance mod...there's really nothing else left if i plan to stay N/A

i'll start emailing! i'm very interested as this will be my next performance mod...there's really nothing else left if i plan to stay N/A

Rods, pistons, crank, valves, springs, rocker arms? Possibly even light weight pulleys and a lightweight timing chain. Bore it out? Of course bigger pistons would be needed.

Uhm I havent seent cams yet, and I use procivic and Lightning motorsports....You may want to contact the vendors directly like said above ^^^^

Rods, pistons, crank, valves, springs, rocker arms? Possibly even light weight pulleys and a lightweight timing chain. Bore it out? Of course bigger pistons would be needed.
Ok, the next easy thing.
I remember Vit saying that lightweight pulleys don't actually make power...

N/A Cams, to be honest people boosting should think about valve springs and building the bottom end rather than cams... Its easier just to turn up the boost if you have a built bottom end

You forgot headwork. Probably the MOST IMPORTANT thing by far that wasn't even listed there. Headwork is probably the only thing holding this motor back from making real power.

Ya, I do think the exhaust cam that is designed with this head aftermarket will make power, how much I have no idea. Once we get flow results stock vs. ported we will fill everyone in.... Then its time for k25 on 13.5:1 compression

I don't want to step on toes but it looks like bisimoto offers custom regrind for cams to work with the mods that you are running. I was in touch with them today and I sent them what I am currently running on my car. Hope to hear back soon from them. Plus it's bisimoto!

I don't want to step on toes but it looks like bisimoto offers custom regrind for cams to work with the mods that you are running. I was in touch with them today and I sent them what I am currently running on my car. Hope to hear back soon from them. Plus it's bisimoto!

Yeah I just saw that yesterday. Sounds good.

i wonder how Cams would go on this..since this Si has VTEC-E and not the normal performance vtec we got in the K20A. apparently our motor doesnt have a "power cam"

as quoted from K20A.com

"This system does not really conform to the "DOHC i-VTEC" nomenclature, as Honda would like us to believe. As I mentioned in my previous post, it actually should be called "i-VTEC-E," because it uses a VTEC-E mechanism rather than a standard VTEC mechanism. At low RPM, the VTEC-E system effectively forces the engine to operate as a 12-valve engine - one of the intake valves does not open fully, thus decreasing fuel consumption. At 2200RPM, the VTEC-E system engages the 2nd intake valve, effectively resuming operation as a normal 16-valve engine. There are no high-RPM performance cam profiles; this engine is tuned to balance fuel economy and power, rather than provide pure performance. On the intake cam, there is the VTC mechanism which basically is an automatic self-adjusting cam gear used to continuously optimize the valve overlap for all RPM ranges. This being a VTEC-E system - and not a true DOHC VTEC system - is the reason the K20A3 redlines at a measly 6800RPM, while the K20A2 is able to rev all the way to 7900RPM."

we have the same motor as the CRV apparently

Back