Atlanta car dealer review +1 HondaCarland

Stephey

Vehicle Model
civic
Body Style
coupe
This was my first new car buying experience and it was as bad as I imagined at several dealers. First I asked for online quotes for a dyno blue/5 speed/civic LX coupe. Several sent me quotes for an automatic car, like can't they read? Finally gwinett place honda sent a internet quote for $15,100 for a 5 speed which sounded really good, I figured after delivery charge and taxes right at 17K. They didn't have a blue car, he told me there were no blue ones in the state and he was sure that they didn't make that color in a 5 speed. So was trying to talk me into this metallic gray one he had. I really wanted a blue one. I drove the car and loved it. We got back to the dealer and he then tells me the car will cost $18,400 after playing the "talking to the manager" game. Like he has no idea what it would sell for? I asked where did the extra 3,300 come from? $250 for tape pin stripes and other nonsense was $500 of it, a bunch of dealer fees and a $600 administrative charge for doing the paperwork? I counter offered $17,700 and he came down $100. Given it wasn't the color I wanted, I was losing interest in even buying a new car and just walked out. The dyno blue color is what got me wanting a civic coupe.

Next was Honda Carland that quoted $16,300 online. I told him what I wanted to pay, he said he would do any color 5 speed on their lot for $18,000 drive out which was tax + prep/tag + quoted price without hidden fees. I looked at a white one and said "I REALLY want a dyno blue one even if it costs more", we went back inside and he searched everywhere and found one he said he could have transported from 3 states away but would need to get $18,500 for it. I was sooo excited someone would take the time to find what I wanted!! Turned out that one was sold and Honda wasn't going to make any more blue 2012 5 speed coupes this year. He didn't give up and found another one, had it transported to the dealer and now I am a VERY happy customer!! I can't recommend this dealership enough, VERY professional, no BS playing good cop bad cop etc. Got me 0.9% financing and everything went very smooth. Here is a shot of me taking delivery of my 5 speed dyno blue LX coupe!

new-car.jpg

welcome to 9th! glad you got exactly what you wanted! persistence definitely pays off. I hope you love yours as much as I love mines!

good job sticking out for what you wanted. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Back