Austin1636's CBP 13' BUILD THREAD

austin1636

Gresham
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
sedan
Recently got back into the honda game so i guess ill start off with a build thread!

went from this:
376 WHP/288WTQ at 15 PSI GT3071r
dsc_0304_0.jpg

DSCF0942.jpg

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/turbocharging/264153-austin1636s-boost-build.html

to this:
269203_10200871220282521_1984453089_n.jpg
157027_10200871189001739_949090509_n.jpg
599744_10200871201002039_1185838547_n.jpg
168501_603741526319915_294494817_n.jpg

Ill keep this thread updated throughout the process.

I have big plans so we will see where it takes me :fistpump:

Last edited:
what made you jump into a sedan from a coupe? My 8th was a sedan, I have a coupe now...I kinda miss the two extra doors at times lol :confused:

Last edited:
Get KW! Lol. It looks great man.

what made you jump into a sedan from a coupe? My 8th was a sedan, I have a coupe now...I kinda miss the two extra doors at times lol :confused:
I wanted a coupe and like the sportiness they have, so I was going to get a coupe. But since they didn't change the exterior at all on the redesign for 2013 on the coupes it made me steer away... I like the back end on the sedan and the spoiler isn't part of the trunk lid like the coupe either... I'm getting use to it but I'm glad I did it! Just something different:)

I posted on our oregon 8th gen page on Facebook and out of the 25 people to respond they all said sedan.... I had a coupe and sedan side by side so after about 30 minutes I just chose the sedan. I'm happy with it though

Get KW! Lol. It looks great man.
I'm so so tempted to lol idk if I want to do that, a CT, or get a CBR and have that for speed... Haha first off will be retros though.. After that ill be Savin for the go fast mods ;)

From someone who's done all the bolt ons, I'd suggest putting some decent coils and wheels on it then just doing cosmetic stuff. You've already decided on the retrofit, which is a must, so no need for my opinion on that one. I just don't know if the extra power I have was worth the money and noises. I'm seriously considering removing all of my power bolt ons. If you're deciding between parts for your car and a bike, definitely get the bike.

I second this. lol..are you getting used to the difference of coming from a boosted k20 to the k24?
It's hard to compare a boosted k20 since I had so much power. And I imagine that a boosted k24 would feel very similar just way more torque....

Which is how these two motors compare anyway. They feel and sound almost exactly the same, except the obvious lower rev limit, but on the flip side the difference In torque is amazing.

The k20 doesn't "feel" fast at all but you actually are moving quick and being able to hit almost 9k is awesome..

The k24 you actually can feel the car pull you back and you don't have to rev out as high to get the car to pick up speed... I am trying not to redline my car like I did my 8th(I beat the absolute **** out of that car.... Really put it to its limits and I never could break it) so the lower rev limit isn't a big deal yet.... But hitting the fuel cut does come very fast and I do wish I could bump up that fuel cut to 8k or so....

From someone who's done all the bolt ons, I'd suggest putting some decent coils and wheels on it then just doing cosmetic stuff. You've already decided on the retrofit, which is a must, so no need for my opinion on that one. I just don't know if the extra power I have was worth the money and noises. I'm seriously considering removing all of my power bolt ons. If you're deciding between parts for your car and a bike, definitely get the bike.
The difference from parts and a bike isn't just really parts, it's either boost... Or a bike... And if I get a bike ill eventually still go boost later down the road just off my pure love of modding cars....

As far as bolt ons I will do that too

The money part doesn't bother me it's a hobby an love... When I parted my 8th out I made about $5,000 back from everything I sold:thumbsup:

And yes, I'm dying for a retrofit ill never own a car without one/projectors

You can at least break 200wtq with a NA K24. :sadbanana:

Last edited:
Hahaha I love how its in pieces already getting tinkered with.
Hahah I was excited to rip the bumper off and see how they have everything assembled;) it was a lot harder than an 8th bumper though... Idk if that's because of how new it is or if it's on purpose :think: I thought I was going to break the edges of the bumper trying to release it from the headlight bracket

You can at least break 200wtq with a NA K24. :sadbanana:
It took 6psi of boost to break that on a k20 :giggle:
Now that I think about it, hopefully more tq doesn't increase the traction issue too much while boosted :think: oh well 255 EPST will cure that hahaha

Reactions: Nix
It's hard to compare a boosted k20 since I had so much power. And I imagine that a boosted k24 would feel very similar just way more torque....

Which is how these two motors compare anyway. They feel and sound almost exactly the same, except the obvious lower rev limit, but on the flip side the difference In torque is amazing.

The k20 doesn't "feel" fast at all but you actually are moving quick and being able to hit almost 9k is awesome..

The k24 you actually can feel the car pull you back and you don't have to rev out as high to get the car to pick up speed... I am trying not to redline my car like I did my 8th(I beat the absolute **** out of that car.... Really put it to its limits and I never could break it) so the lower rev limit isn't a big deal yet.... But hitting the fuel cut does come very fast and I do wish I could bump up that fuel cut to 8k or so....

I know some have upped that to 7500 with FlashPro. I would be curious to how high it can be set...safely. Maybe VitViper has some input.

Back