AZ Hooch build

AZ-HoocH

Sahuarita AZ
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
coupe
this is the start for hers and mine. Learned this neat trick from the element owners club forum , it worked great on my Element. Not sure why Honda leaves the AC rad so exposed? So this is how I protect them from the millions of rocks laying around on our streets.

screen 1.JPGscreen 2 no protection.JPGscreen 3 installed.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a few of us on here that have done that.......... It looks like you're using a soft flexible mesh..... "remember where you bought it?" (type of store).
We're at the point where we're discussing "mesh types"

I bought a stiff wire that I painted red(on anodized?* metal), so I'm not sure about how well the paint will last, I was looking for some mesh like you show in the picture , and hopefully some different colours.

Good post, thx.......

I've done that mod too with just aluminum mesh and it's held up nicely. Still shiny and looks great.

That blue looks good too, I can't tell if it's just netting or something more solid tho...?

There's a few of us on here that have done that.......... It looks like you're using a soft flexible mesh..... "remember where you bought it?" (type of store).
We're at the point where we're discussing "mesh types"

I bought a stiff wire that I painted red(on anodized?* metal), so I'm not sure about how well the paint will last, I was looking for some mesh like you show in the picture , and hopefully some different colours.

Good post, thx.......
it is galvanized steel mesh. I bought it from True value. I also use this mesh in my classifier when looking for gold.

Reactions: 323
is it painted blue?
I painted it with Ace hardware neon blue. untouched the color of the screen is silver. The one on my car is a candy apple red , but I did see a nice neon red that I may have to purchase this weekend.

I like the look of the upper grill with the mesh showing through

I like the look of the upper grill with the mesh showing through
wouldn't look good on the 2013. Honda has many of the holes blocked and they are not equal on both sides. I will post a picture later.

Back