Bad Mileage on Economy, Better mileage without it.

Hey guys, I just joined today. So recently I've noticed my gas mileage has gone down from 25-28mpg to 20mpg. Ive recently got a tune up, my tires were rotated,filters cleaned etc. I live in SI NY and traffic tends to be an issue sometimes or theres a light at every other corner. Today I drove to my highschool and got a 16.8mpg trip from my house and there. I then decided to take off economy and drive from my highschool to the mall and my mpg went up to 25.8 avg. Why would i be getting shittier mileage on economy mode?

Welcome........ I'd like to hear a reason for it as well..... Even though I don't have that problem.

The info on the imid is not going to be 100%. You really have to go off actual math after a fill up. If you put 10 gallons in, and you ran 300 miles on the car during that period... you got 30mpg during the tank. The imid is not going to be accurate on short trips.

The info on the imid is not going to be 100%. You really have to go off actual math after a fill up. If you put 10 gallons in, and you ran 300 miles on the car during that period... you got 30mpg during the tank. The imid is not going to be accurate on short trips.
thanks for the input man, i look at my gps trip info screen to see what my current average is. My overall average is 20.01 .

Back