Big Bore Throttle Body - Calibration Tips

Hey guys, as you all may know there are throttle body upgrades available for 9th Gen Si's however there is very little information available on how to tune for it. We decided to provide settings that we found to work extremely well on our shop car, in order to calibrate for the SiriMoto Big Bore Throttle Body Kit.

These settings may not be 100% perfect for your car, but will certainly be a good starting point and should immediately provide excellent throttle-response/idle characteristics. We found that the throttle response is in some ways better than a factory setting with the original Throttle Body, especially for performance driving and heel-toe downshifting.

1. Starting with the Throttle Flow vs Opening table, we went ahead and changed all of the Flow (l/min) values to what we have noted bellow (keep in mind, these are the optimal settings that worked on our car but they may vary car to car):

T Flow vs Opening.png

Changing these values will help the ECU understand what to expect at low engine speeds and helps learn idle much faster when a vehicle is reflashed or reset.

2. The second thing we changed really improved low speed driveability (stop-and-go traffic driving) and allowed for more precise control of engine speed when heel-toe down shifting. It also helped for performance driving when you need to feather the throttle to get around corners, without upsetting the chassis with abrupt throttle inputs:

TPlate Normal.png

What we are essentially doing with TPlate Normal tables is reduce low throttle sensitivity, so that you don't get a jerky feel when coming on-and-off the throttle.

I hope this helps people who are considering the upgrade, but are turned off by the fact that not all engine tuners would know how to calibrate for this.

30096_2602___SM-HC12-ZDX-TB-KIT2.jpg

For more details on the SiriMoto throttle body upgrade kit or to place an order, check out our website:

http://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...+throttle+body+upgrade+kit&app_selected=30096
http://www.procivic.com/pages-produ...+throttle+body+upgrade+kit&app_selected=30096
We also do sell the Adapter Plate on it's own, if you want to use your own ZDX/J37 style throttle body.

Last edited:
What kind of gains did you guys experience with the throttle body and tune?

Edit: Never mind, just saw it in the description on your site.
Thanks for the tuning post by the way too.

Procivic, you guys are awesome!

I had major issues trying to get a brand new ZDX throttle body to stop idle-hunting last year. I bought it from PRL, and even shipped it back thinking it was defective. They sent me a new one, and I've yet to try the new one.

I did all the idle relearn procedures including setting the idle screw, and never got that thing to stop bouncing around!!

I just got my CTE kit in from you guys this week, and I plan on ironing out the ZDX issue and making sure it works before tackling the CTE install. I want to make sure I can narrow down problem solving one variable at a time.

Do you guys think these Tplate tables could help with idle hunting in neutral?

You will mainly want to look at the 'Throttle Flow vs Opening table' found in the Throttle section of the calibration window:

1. ...

Changing these values will help the ECU understand what to expect at low engine speeds and helps learn idle much faster when a vehicle is reflashed or reset.

Procivic, you guys are awesome!

I had major issues trying to get a brand new ZDX throttle body to stop idle-hunting last year. I bought it from PRL, and even shipped it back thinking it was defective. They sent me a new one, and I've yet to try the new one.

I did all the idle relearn procedures including setting the idle screw, and never got that thing to stop bouncing around!!

I just got my CTE kit in from you guys this week, and I plan on ironing out the ZDX issue and making sure it works before tackling the CTE install. I want to make sure I can narrow down problem solving one variable at a time.

did you make sure to grab the ct-e adapter from PRL? you have to pull the intake and TB for the supercharger install, might as well put everything back on together. i had never had any issues with my zdx TB. make sure to install a fresh paper gasket and bleed the coolant, air in the system can cause hunting idle.

did you make sure to grab the ct-e adapter from PRL? you have to pull the intake and TB for the supercharger install, might as well put everything back on together. i had never had any issues with my zdx TB. make sure to install a fresh paper gasket and bleed the coolant, air in the system can cause hunting idle.

I have the PRL TB adapter for stock manifold and the adapter for the CTE manifold. Bought the stock one used for like $30 from a member. lol... I used a fresh gasket and bled the coolant lines and everything.. I'm gonna try the new TB this weekend. Hopefully it's good to go!

I loaded the throttle flow vs. opening values. It started up and idled well, but as soon as I gave it a tiny bit of gas to back out of the garage, it began idle hunting again. :sadface::sadface::sadface:

idle%20hunting_zps6o0klztb.png

I loaded the throttle flow vs. opening values. It started up and idled well, but as soon as I gave it a tiny bit of gas to back out of the garage, it began idle hunting again. :sadface::sadface::sadface:

idle%20hunting_zps6o0klztb.png

Sorry to hear the values did not work for your car, but like mentioned in an earlier post these are just a general starting point. One thing to note, you still need to complete the idle relearn procedure after reflashing the ECU. It's hard for us to know for sure but it seems as though the car was just starting to warm up for the first time.

In any case, make sure you follow the idle relearn procedure and fine tune the values to work with your car.

Can you post a step by step for the idle relearn? The ones i've been suggested to do are either too challenging or don't work.

Holding the throttle at 3K RPM is impossible due to the throttle being so sensitive before the idle relearns.

Is it true that an idle relearn procedure will have to be completed after every new reflash? Some people installed the ZDX and it ran perfect from the first try.

You do not need to idle relearn after every flash.

Holding the throttle at 3k rpm is how I've always read to do it. I don't think you have to be exact the whole time.

You haven't touched the tps calibration screw on the top of the tb, have you?

Yes, I did this on Saturday to no avail. Got RPM to hold at 1400 and plugged the TB back in. Restarted the car and the idle was still all over the place. Turned the car off and unhooked negative terminal for 10 mins, then fired up and idled decently. Then blip the gas pedal and back to idle hunting.

You did what on Saturday? Adjusted the tps?

Yes, exactly.

I think I'm getting to the place of just giving up on it and selling the TB and both adapters. The idle relearn procedure is turning out to be such a pain in the ***. I've read that I need to hold RPMs steady at 3K, for 5 minutes straight. That is not exactly possible, and doesn't sound good for the engine.

Definitely a tough spot. At this point you've changed a lot. The tb itself, the flashpro calibration, the set screw. Could be multiple factors causing the issues.

Wouldn't worry about the rpm, you cruise on the highway at 3k rpm for hours at a time...

Yes, exactly.

I think I'm getting to the place of just giving up on it and selling the TB and both adapters. The idle relearn procedure is turning out to be such a pain in the ***. I've read that I need to hold RPMs steady at 3K, for 5 minutes straight. That is not exactly possible, and doesn't sound good for the engine.
have you considered sending your tune to vitviper to have him diagnose/tune your car?

Definitely a tough spot. At this point you've changed a lot. The tb itself, the flashpro calibration, the set screw. Could be multiple factors causing the issues.

Wouldn't worry about the rpm, you cruise on the highway at 3k rpm for hours at a time...

The thing is, I changed one variable at a time. 1) installed TB, had idle issues. 2) adjusted screw, had idle issues. 3) loaded the above TB numbers, and had idle issues.

have you considered sending your tune to vitviper to have him diagnose/tune your car?

I asked Vit last year when I was attempting to make it work, and he said to do the idle relearn and it's not something he can fix with a tune. He seemed annoyed that I even asked.

The thing is, I changed one variable at a time. 1) installed TB, had idle issues. 2) adjusted screw, had idle issues. 3) loaded the above TB numbers, and had idle issues.

Being that the Adjustment Screw is no longer at a factory setting it may be throwing things off. We normally don't recommend tampering with that screw, being that the FlashPro is now capable of compensating for larger throttle bodies. If possible, you might want to try setting it back to a factory adjustment, but without knowing how the OEM TB Manufacturer does it we wouldn't know the exact steps involved.

Being that the Adjustment Screw is no longer at a factory setting it may be throwing things off. We normally don't recommend tampering with that screw, being that the FlashPro is now capable of compensating for larger throttle bodies. If possible, you might want to try setting it back to a factory adjustment, but without knowing how the OEM TB Manufacturer does it we wouldn't know the exact steps involved.

There is locktight on the screw which shows where the screw should be. Just turned it back to stock.

I've been pondering whether or not the PRL ZDX adapter is the issue. I called and spoke to Spencer, and he said there is a version 1 and version 2 of their adapter. Version one is simply a slab of aluminum that they send a paper gasket to mash between the TB and adapter. Version 2 has a built in rubber O-ring that I think is necessary to get a good seal.

Version 1

Version 2

Back