Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

Alpha has the lock cable built in, locking hitch pin, couple pounds heavier and comes in white also, lol.

More money that I don't need to spend....going to keep looking out for the Beta.

For $200+ you could be gettin a thule tray style rack with locking hitch pin and locking rack clamps. I think I got my T2 for like $227

My LBS who deals with Trek really pissed me off when they refused to warranty some things less than a year (and 150miles in one instance) of buying the bike brand new from them...

... so ciao trek. Sold the next day.

My friend just bought a new carbon Tarmac SL4 frame and swapped his parts over, so I took the liberty of buying his old alu specialized frame. It arrived today and I'm just waiting on shifters to arrive to finish the build. No money has left my pocket in this exchange and I've upgraded a lot of components compared to what the trek was shod with.

C04DB2D7-3693-42DF-A3B3-B72B9A805D60-373-000000132377E176_zps4f883341.jpg

One friend had the RXL front wheel laying around, and Matt (orig. owner) had the RL rear and I got that from him too all for great prices; many thanks to them.

Reactions: Nix
I see you have a dropper post on both rides? You like it? I thought it was totally gimmicky crap when they first came out but then.... my S-works just happened to come with one and I can not believe how much I like it and use it! It's really one of those things that I would have totally ragged on if I hadn't tried it.

I see you have a dropper post on both rides? You like it? I thought it was totally gimmicky crap when they first came out but then.... my S-works just happened to come with one and I can not believe how much I like it and use it! It's really one of those things that I would have totally ragged on if I hadn't tried it.

I live in so cal and there are lots of up and downs on the trails out here so basically once you try out a dropper post you can't go back to a regular one again. It is such a HUGE convenience having one the small weight penalty is worth it big time! I tend tend to switch back and forth on my Niner since I tend to ride it on less aggressive trails and just find myself not using it as much as I do on my Ibis. I tend to ride the Niner on longer rides in the Santa Ana mountains where I will be climbing for 7-10 miles straight and therefore stopping before I head downhill to adjust the seat is not a big deal. I miss having it on there for sure when I switch to a regular quick release , but it tends to keep me in check more and remind me I'm not on my Ibis and I need to slow down a bit more on the more technical stuff.

Not sure if anyone has ever ridden Somo (south mountain) in Arizona but those trails have so many up/down transitions that not having a dropper post puts you at a great disadvantage. Those trails are very technical and rocky and getting hung up on your seat is not an ideal situation.

Reactions: Nix
'11 Cannondale SuperSix 3: Hollowgram SL crank 50/34, Dura Ace Cassette 11/28, Specialized Romin Pro Gel saddle, Dura Ace clipless pedals, Fulcrum Racing Zero wheels (on order).

Gran Fondo NJ 64 mile finish in 4 hours flat, 107 mile is this year.

No rack needed ('11 FG2)

'05 GT I-Drive Pro (100% factory - ignore the saddle)

Everyone, I'm looking to upgrade from my factory Fulcrum Racing 7 wheels and would like to know what everyone's using for a good quality touring/training/racing wheel thats durable and not heavy with a cost somewhere between $600 and $1,000 for a set, thanks!

Mavic is always a top choice. Can't really go wrong. Their price is always quite good too. I used to always think I was going to build a new custom wheelset but to even build a cheap one cost the same as a nice set of Mavics. Depends on how boutique you like to be though.

Back