black plastic

T.T

St.Charles M.O
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
sedan
Both of our cars have black plastic in the interiors. Every week end I am taking out white scuffs on both cars. (Honda/Chevrolet). Three week ends out of four I use Warm water on a damp sponge to clean, dry. End of month its warm mild soapy water, dry and Mothers protectant if needed. I do clean both so I'm thinking maybe its me. Any thoughts?

It's shoes scuffing when you get out,it's happened to me for years,it won't damage anything,just wipes off.

It's shoes scuffing when you get out,it's happened to me for years,it won't damage anything,just wipes off.
So the ones on doors and center counsel scuffs too. I guess way things made. Don't take much happens in my car and I am so easy on everything. Thank you for your help

Is it like faint white marks but not actual rough scuffs into the plastic? It cleans off easily but seems to reappear? Also is it always in the same spot or does it seem to move around a little?

I have some re-occuring white patches that are lotion/sunscreen/skin oils from passengers that show up in high use or often touched areas. Let me know if this is what it is or if its an actual scratch type of marking.

The ones on the door are for sure from shoes,my 7 th does the same thing.

Is it like faint white marks but not actual rough scuffs into the plastic? It cleans off easily but seems to reappear? Also is it always in the same spot or does it seem to move around a little?

I have some re-occuring white patches that are lotion/sunscreen/skin oils from passengers that show up in high use or often touched areas. Let me know if this is what it is or if its an actual scratch type of marking.
Faint white spots that clean up easily. Usually around the same spots. Door handle area, and door arm rest too. Started to notice some on the center arm rest cover.

I think it may be related to skin oils then. Areas that get touched seem to develop them in my car at least. White patches. I can clean them off easy enough but no type of dash/vinyl/rubber dressing seems to prevent it.

I think it may be related to skin oils then. Areas that get touched seem to develop them in my car at least. White patches. I can clean them off easy enough but no type of dash/vinyl/rubber dressing seems to prevent it.
It's a relief to know it's the norm and not the way I clean the cars! Thnx.

Back