BMW fans manufacturers build

I find the whole process fascinating... awesome vid

Quite a few things done differently as compared to building F150's... when I was in Dearborn this past September, I took the River Rouge complex tour where they were building F150's. Stamping etc is carried out in other buildings, but you can see most of the various substations where assemblies are installed. I think it was around 90 seconds for a dash install, something like 20 wiring connections to make in that time, and there is a team of 2 people installing the instrument panel.

I know they have shows on "how it's made" etc. I always think...wow... what all went into planning/programming those machines to do what they're doing. The motions of the machines and all of the intricacy there is amazing.

I love watching the processes of building the x5 6 3. It is quite amazing how every step comes together to make the finished product.

Don't get me wrong, I love the robotic process, but take this problem with the(Honda) door windows leaking air due to not being adjusted correctly, with the robot everyone could be done wrong, where as done by hand only one may slip though............

Back