Boltons on k24z7

Bulkybear

I've been having an interesting conversation that I want a little more input on. The conclusion so far is there's not enough data so I want some experiences. On my old charger I put a short ram intake, exhaust, and 91 octane diablo tune. I gained maybe 10-15 horse but it felt a lot more aggressive. Ive read that many owners of the 8th gen si saw 20-30 hp increases from boltons. Yet I've been reading about boltons (short ram untamed mainly) slowing the 9th hens down. Is this because people were adding boltons on a stock ecu? Would a reflash or flash pro allow you yo gain with boltons? How much do we stand to gain with boltons and ecu considering out lack of exhaust vtec and an integrated header? I want to make my car more aggressive and a little quicker but without doing anything that's not reversable and without digging into the motor. The farthest I want to go is intake, downpipe maybe, exhaust, and flash pro. I would have to use canned tunes as I have no dyno near me. Would I see a gain or am I better off staying stock? I also like he sounds of an intake and exhaust but not enough to loose power. Any input is appreciated.

stock dyno from another member - 169hp/157tq
xpG7d.jpg

===

from Arm0ged0n below -

kmB4u.png

Prior to tuning: mods: Injen Cold Air Intake, Rv6 catted Down Pipe and Axle Back Injen Exhaust:
dyno numbers - 191.6 Hp / 175.3 lb torque

hondata flashpro tuning -
Post tuning: mods: Injen Cold Air Intake, Rv6 catted Down Pipe and Axle Back Injen Exhaust:
dyno numbers - 208.0 Hp / 195.4 lb torque

Definitely some good info. There has to be some variation between the 2 cars/dyno/locations though. I wouldn't expect that much of a gain from intake/downpipe/exhaust before tuning. 169 whp to 191 with no flash. I wonder why people are loosing times with an intake then? And I think it was specifically mentioned that it was the injen.

I'd wager 90% or so of that gain is from deleting the catalytic converters. Most companies are advertising like 20hp gain with their downpipes. Add a few more for the intake/exhaust. People who lost a tenth or two tenths in the quarter after intakes could be attributed to being untuned and the ecu adjusting fuel.

So basically I could gain 5-15 hp with an intake exhaust and flash pro then. Definitely shouldn't lose anything as long as I flash the ecu right?

Flash Pro is the best mod you can do. More on the expensive side but you can pull more Hp and torque out of your stock set up with it. I will hopefully be ordering it in a few weeks. I have the rv6 cat-less on the way already. I will be posting the base line results so I can see what I start with also.

I'm wondering what are the basics of what is changed with the Flashpro. I would think there are some standard things to change on the ECU right off the top to gain more HP and torque from the engine and then I guess it's a case of fine tuning things to suit the specific mods and vehicle.

VitViper may be able to answer what's altered in the starting map they provided ^
....or even what should be adjusted right from the get go. I'm looking for the things that can be adjusted that maybe even the starting map does not address.
Your right webby. Probably someone who has a lot of tuning experience should answer the question. I would think someone with experience tuning the K24 engine makes a bunch of changes right off the get go and then tweaks to fine tune as they go after that.

Immediately starting there are 2 major things that will pick up some horsepower

1.) fixing the fuel The fuel is wildly rich to protect the catalytic converter;s long term functionality. Fixing the fueling to a leaner afr will result in increased power and throttle response
2.) cam angles. adjusting the cam angles for the setup will result in power gains.

The ignition is controlled by the ecu quite well stock, but it does happen to run a little low in a few spots (way too low if you have a downpipe and exhaust or 93 octane fuel) so there is also gains to be had from ignition timing, but on a bone stock car, not as much as the 2 things i noted above.

I've got 4 9th gens tuned so far, and the differences provided by a 3" catless downpipe and exhaust are exceptional. I would never get a 2.5" downpipe for this car when there are 3" ones.

I've got 4 9th gens tuned so far, and the differences provided by a 3" catless downpipe and exhaust are exceptional. I would never get a 2.5" downpipe for this car when there are 3" ones.
Well that sucks. I just ordered the rv6

It's ok, i think the main benefit is the exhaust. So long as you combine the downpipe with exhaust i think you'll have great results.

the dyno figures I posted above are with a 2.5" downpipe. Just saying

What is your point? I never said the 2.5" downpipe isn't capable, merely that i wouldn't get it over a 3". Especially after tuning a vehicle that had the rv6 2.5 catted dp and one that had the UR 3" catless.

my post was towards boejoula, in that he could relate his downpipe purchase to the dyno figures above.

To boejoula:

Your car is still going to perform fine, so long as you get a tune. Don't worry about it.

Back