Bonsai anyone?

Just picked up a Tea Rose bonsai from a bonsai place here in Orlando
IMG_20120510_175218.jpg

Cool....looks like it needs a trimming.....

Biohazard is coaching me on bonsai care

Automated signature: Sent from my GS2 using Tapatalk 2

it'll have to be trimmed early spring. Not gonna kill it

Automated signature: Sent from my GS2 using Tapatalk 2

I am interested in getting a bonsai too. I was just in Japan for 2 weeks during Cherry Blossom Season with my girlfriend for a wedding. Amazing time, and will have to get a couple Japanese trees for my new home (all we have is grass which was just put down this week).

We bought a Meyer Lemon tree to have in the house... Will be good for cooking and maybe some lemonade :)

Thanks to this thread, I decided to pick myself up a Juniper Bonsai today. I need to educate myself about pruning, watering and general care. The gentleman at the nursery was very knowledgable and I learned alot from him.

O.k. everyone what tips do you have for a new Bonsai owner.

Not sure really. Apparently the bonsai I picked up is very hard to care for...and it can be dead within 3-4hrs if not careful :pat:

Leptospermum responds well to wiring, but repotting, pruning and wiring must be done at different times, or the tree will be over-stressed.

Thanks.

I have been doing alot of reading. Some articles say that the Juniper Bonsai can be raised successfully as a indoor plant. However other articles state that it will die indoors and that it needs alot of sunlight to survive. Any input from Bonsai owners?

I've had one inside. Killed it quickly :( the ac...ceiling fan dried it out horribly. Biohazard has one that lives out on his front porch and it does wonderfully

I would say keep it outside....

i actually have a couple bonsai projects, although i've started them from seed so definitely need about 5 years before they thicken up. I'll post some pictures when i get a chance. Have an apple tree i started from an apple seed and an oak tree again from seedling.

Only missing sharks now

With friggin lazorz!!!

i actually have a couple bonsai projects, although i've started them from seed so definitely need about 5 years before they thicken up. I'll post some pictures when i get a chance. Have an apple tree i started from an apple seed and an oak tree again from seedling.

Cool! Having issues with my bonsai. I think the fertilizer burned it a bit. It has brown spots where the green meets the branches. It's been like that for 2-3 weeks now.

With friggin lazorz!!!

Cool! Having issues with my bonsai. I think the fertilizer burned it a bit. It has brown spots where the green meets the branches. It's been like that for 2-3 weeks now.

definitely sounds like fertilizer burn, i'd go ahead and prune the roots and some shoots to promote new growth

I'd love to start one from seed. My Tea Rose is doing fairly well. It's got more growth but still a bit of a wirey looking bush thing :rotfl: I'm not sure what the person who had it...did to it

Back