Brembo brakes. 100% bolt on.

TLS brembo is forward calipers, so it's fine, but the drawback is drilling the knuckle & spacers behind the rotors.
I've been looking at TL-S Calipers cuz i'm poor so just lookin. However, you need a spacer even if the S2k Rotors are used? Obviously haven't gotten that far but was planning out S2k rotors. Good info.

I've been looking at TL-S Calipers cuz i'm poor so just lookin. However, you need a spacer even if the S2k Rotors are used? Obviously haven't gotten that far but was planning out S2k rotors. Good info.

No spacers needed. But the pads won't make contact with the entire rotor. A very small portion will overhang the rotor.

Has anyone tried the TSX caliper/rotor upgrade? I know it's not nearly as blingy as the brembo setup but was a very very effective upgrade on the 8th gen. Especially for the track guys who were looking for performance > looks.

If the TL-S calipers fit the new 9th gen knuckles, which could be the same bracket spacing I just don't know, then the TSX caliper would probably fit as well and doesn't require the permanent drilling modification to the mounting points.

No spacers needed. But the pads won't make contact with the entire rotor. A very small portion will overhang the rotor.
I have access to a free set of DC5R calipers. Do they need spacers behind the rotors or is all this extra modding and stuff just for the TL-S brakes?

I have access to a free set of DC5R calipers. Do they need spacers behind the rotors or is all this extra modding and stuff just for the TL-S brakes?

You quoted my post that says "no spacers needed" to ask if you need spacers?!?!?

lol ^
image.png

no spacers needed but the pads won't make contact with the entire rotor. Could've sworn you wrote something about 2mm somewhere too but thanks for your the response.

Last edited by a moderator:
no spacers needed but the pads won't make contact with the entire rotor. Could've sworn you wrote something about 2mm somewhere too but thanks for your the response.

Spacers are needed for tls rotors. And my pads don't overhang. Pads will over hang if you use s2000 rotors and tls calipers. DC5R calipers and s2000 rotors they match up fine. No spacers needed. But the calipers are for aft mounting. Meaning your caliper pistons will be in the incorrect orientation if your bleeder is on top like it should be.

Back