Broken parts thread....

CivicCanuck

North
Vehicle Model
Civic
Put all of your horror stories here, pictures welcome.

This is what happens to a 1710 drive line in a heavy truck with a novice driver in the hills.

IMG_0003.JPG

Wheel on a Pontiac Sunfire, the driver tried to flee from the cops, blew a tire and continued on until the tire beat the fender all up, the rim band came off of the center section of the wheel.

IMG_6231R.jpg

I'd be willing to guess it's 2nd gear........ and no I can't tell what gear it is, or car.

It is a WRX transmission. Sadly not as rare as we would like it to happen. It is not personal experience, borrowed from WRX threads which I watch sometimes :)

It is a second gear as far as I see it as well but I am not the greatest expert.
I'm basing my opinion on 2nd is what must ppl mess up ............ as far as looking at the gears I have no clue unless I could see it in person ......... My guess is the bigger the wheel the lower the gear ratio......

Although I don't think this is one, but another gear area that is a problem is going from reverse to 1st or vise-versa , ppl don't wait till the car comes to a complete stop before changing direction........... BADDDDD Habit........

Although I don't think this is one, but another gear area that is a problem is going from reverse to 1st or vise-versa , ppl don't wait till the car comes to a complete stop before changing direction........... BADDDDD Habit........
Very true, the only times I have ever grinded gears were in second or reverse. Reverse I get why, second not sure, i bet it has to do with the syncros and I know it was bad clutching on my side :)

I'm basing my opinion on 2nd is what must ppl mess up ............ as far as looking at the gears I have no clue unless I could see it in person ......... My guess is the bigger the wheel the lower the gear ratio......
I did actually have to look it up as well some months earlier, left side of the pic you see the gears, first one must be the reverse going from top to bottom. If we have a mechanic guru I would sure love the image explained, I see the gears, cannot be sure which one is the reverse :)

Broken parts you say?

clavicle.jpg

What about fixed parts?
claviclefix.jpg

Big time fix...... hahahahaha
anklet.jpg

Back