C7 Corvette Will Be Posted Monday Nov. 14th

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Seems Jalopnik has seen the new Corvette without any form of camoflage.

===
The C7 Corvette — the seventh generation of General Motors' iconic super car — is set to be unveiled 14 months from now at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show. Doesn't that seem like a totally unacceptable timeframe? We think so.

So, instead of waiting, we're just going to show you the 2014 Corvette a bit early — like, say, tomorrow (Monday The 14th).

This week, unbeknown to General Motors, we saw the next-generation Corvette completely uncovered. That's right — no camouflage, no car cover, no anything to keep us from seeing every crease, every line, and every vent — and tomorrow at noon we're going to show you exactly what it looks like. We think you'll find it's nothing like what's been speculated by the buff books and blogs so far.

You may even like it. :iorun:

• Staff
I was expecting PHOTOS, not a rendering... but here it is...

d2daf6e012dd8fce517f25acb330303b.jpg

c52a837b981bde3536270f164ca05252.jpg

Exclusive: This is the 2014 Chevy Corvette

The exclusive images you see here, derived from hours spent secretly poring over the sheetmetal of two seventh-generation Corvettes, show the next step in the supercar's iconic evolution. These aren't photos, but this is absolutely the next-generation Chevy Corvette in ZR1 trim. GM so doesn't want you to see these.

Love it or hate it, the Chevrolet Corvette is an American icon. For most of its 60 years, the 'Vette's shown that a commodity-focused U.S. automaker can confound expectations and compete with the likes of Ferrari and Lamborghini. The seventh-generation Corvette — orC7 Corvette— as fan-boys and GM insiders call it — is designed to further confound those expectations.

These renderings were derived from hours this weekend I (and our designer) spent in secret, poring over the completely uncamouflaged sheetmetal of two versions of the next-gen Corvette. With limited time, we decided to, rather than show you the first one, a base level Corvette, we focused our rendering efforts instead on the high-performance ZR1 trim level.

None of our sources were willing to go on the record or allow me to run their name for fear they might lose their jobs. That's also why I'm showing renderings rather than actual photos — I don't care if it might cast doubt on the veracity of the styling — but I didn't want anyone losing their job.

That said, we showed these images to three different sources at General Motors — and all three confirmed that the images you see here accurately portray the ZR1 trim level for the seventh-generation Corvette. A fourth source — a non-GM employee — confirmed that the vehicle we show here is one of two Initial Vehicle Engineering Release (IVER) vehicles that's been making the rounds at the Milford Proving Grounds.

not bad for a rendering....hopefully they will tone down the rear and get rid of the vent above the gas cap. WTCrap would that vent be for?

Oh....an entirely new modern corvette only int would be nice. No sharing parts with other chevy's!!! :giggle:

The sharp lines and busyness with vents are distracting. The rear window will make rearward visibility difficult. The rear lights look like they were taken directly off the latest camaro.

At least it doesn't look like the stingray concept (sideswipe) that was being shown all over the web. IMO, that was ugly! :bleh:

As Nomar said, hopefully they greatly improved the interior.

GM Replies To Corvette Posting:
Chevrolet's PR/marketing apparatchik, via the Corvette Facebook page, publicly — and weakly — denied the renderings we revealed earlier today were of the 2014 Corvette / 2015 Corvette ZR1.

General Motors has a standing policy not to comment on speculation of future product. Which would mean, that, since they did comment here, maybe it means it's not "speculation" but it is, as we claim, actual future product:

Today Jalopnik posted renderings of what they think the next-gen Corvette will look like. We appreciate their enthusiasm but you'll have to wait a little longer to see what the next Corvette will actually look like.

We have a guy over at digitalcorvettes that is in GM, and claims to be close to the C7 program. He said:

I have seen this rendering before! It is a rendering of one of the C6 concept drawings from GM years ago! You can see all of the styling ques of the current C6 with the absents of the roof bow and round tail lights.
I read the article and it's funny how they saw the C7 in "sheet metal form" of a photo and we all know there is no sheet metal in the Corvette!
Like I mentioned before, the C7 will carry many styling ques from the current "side swipe" concept. Nice "dis-information" try from GM!

Many folks are looking in Detroit to capture a camouflaged C7, but if you want to get an early look at a camouflaged C7 you need to camp out somewhere in Germany! You will see them there before you see them in Detroit. At the moment all you see coming out of Detroit is power train test mules, but eventually you will see full camouflaged C7 test mules in Detroit.

hilarious - and today they have another article -

Possible threats of termination are a sure-fire confirmation your Corvette images are real

I've always believed threats of termination are obviously the best form of confirmation that you've got the real deal when an image of a new car leaks way early. Like what

a userover at VWVortex claims happened when he posted a link to our exclusive2014 Corvette / 2015 Corvette ZR1renderings over on Facebook.

I pasted the Jalopnik link on my FB page, and had a very interesting email sent back.​
I have a friend of mine who works for GM just email me on Facebook....​
"Someone is getting fired over that."​

Just a guess here, but it sounds like the drawing is legit.

Don't worry — it absolutely is legit.

======

that could just be someone talking though. Like, someone saying..ooooh, someones going to be fired over that (without knowing anything about the situation)

That DP is killer.

The vent on the first one ( if it's real) would probably be something like a diff cooler or extraction from the rear wheel well ( aero)

Back