Cable Bushings ???

Abbz8377

Boston
Vehicle Model
CIVIC
Body Style
SI
Thinking about replacing the shifter cable bushings. Should I spend the extra couple bucks and get the Hybrid Racing or would the Corsport one's be okay any huge difference between them ?

I got the Corsport base bushings and the Hybrid Racing cable bushings and am very happy. The Hybrid Racing cable bushings appear to be very well made.

How do you like the Hybrid ones ? any real difference when you replaced them ?

Thinking about replacing the shifter cable bushings. Should I spend the extra couple bucks and get the Hybrid Racing or would the Corsport one's be okay any huge difference between them ?
Yes to Hybrid Racing cable bushings because the large bushing has a bearing race in it to defeat any stress on the cable. I believe it's the only one with bearings. And yes, there is a marked difference in feel. If you like precise, notchy shifts, very mechanical feeling, do this mod. If you like buttery, less feel (think VW or BMW) don't do this mod. IMO anyway.

Last edited:
Yep, what hotdogjohnny said. The base bushings go a long way to making the shifts feel very solid and mechanical as well. I really like the more precise feel. I think of it as being more like a bolt action rifle. The difference for just the cable bushings alone was somewhat subtle, but that and base bushings plus the Buddy Club short shifter just makes the already awesome shift feel that much better. I'm also thinking of adding an extender to put the shift knob closer to the wheel...

Back