Camber Help

bmac

Covington, La
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
So when. I lowered my car on H&R springs, I went to get an alignment. The alignment shop fixed the front camber to -. 1 but said they could not do anything with the back. I'm at - 2.1 in the back and want to know if any of you have lowered on H&R springs and didn't need camber arms for the rear. uploadfromtaptalk1409721111767.jpg

Well the thing is, you don't "need" camber arms. When you lower the car the type of suspension the car has causes it to gain negative camber as it compresses. Camber arms will let you adjust the degree of camber. Usually people get them if they are unhappy with their camber numbers.

I personally would not fun more than -1.5 in the rear on a car that is a daily driver simply to save on tire wear.

If you feel that 2 degrees is too much then you should pick up a set and have your alignment redone.

I would also suggest picking up a set of camber bolts for the front and running some extra negative camber there. It will help improve your handling greatly and help your tires if you like to drive aggressively.

For reference I run -1.2 front camber and -0.8 rear. I drive a lot so my settings were a balance of performance and tire life. Running more negative front camber will help the car corner better and reduce understeer. I would say that -2 degrees would be great for track and auto-x but will kill your tires.

Camber does not kill tires as bad as toe settings. Have the toe set as close as possible to 0.

Hope that helps.

Thanks Nix. I am going to pick some up. Any good brand to stick with? I just. Couldn't believe the shop took the car and gave it back with the exact same camber it went in with. The shop was right next door to where I did the springs. I literally dropped the car off of the lift and drove it 100 feet to get the alignment. Just seemed strange.

Yeah the rears aren't adjustable from the factory, only toe. The fronts arent really adjustable either but, they have a little wiggle room on the camber.

People seem to be pretty happy with the SPC arms. I have Skunk2s that have held up well. The cheap arms have had some issues. I would not recommend the Godspeeds.

@Dar-Dar has a couple threads about addressing some of the common camber arm issues. Ill try and find them for you when I get home. The Skunk2 arms have a minor flaw but its easily addressed. Both sets are kind of expensive.

Yeah like @Nix said, they cant fix the rear due to the simple fact your stock arms are not adjustable. I would stay away from GodSpeed arms without doubt, I have the SPC kit and they have been fine for the last 5 months I have had them on. Look into some threads and maybe find what you like (all the top brands are basically the same quality wise) except buddy club which has been backordered since 1805 apparently haha

Yeah like @Nix said, they cant fix the rear due to the simple fact your stock arms are not adjustable. I would stay away from GodSpeed arms without doubt, I have the SPC kit and they have been fine for the last 5 months I have had them on. Look into some threads and maybe find what you like (all the top brands are basically the same quality wise) except buddy club which has been backordered since 1805 apparently haha
That sounds good. I didn't think it would drop that low that fast. I'm almost afraid to see what it's like when it settles.

-2 degrees is way too much for daily driving. I'm running closer to 0 with my setup. :giggle: The problem with the Skunk2 is that it also leaves gap issues like the Godspeeds in which the bushings can wear prematurely due to the camber arm's excessive movement.

With the SPCs, the tolerance is tight and there is less play coming from that camber arm. SPC is basically the company that specializes in wheel alignments so their design and quality are top notch. Their camber arms have forged aluminum bodies that can withstand more stress than other aluminum camber arms. They may not be as strong as the steel camber arms (like the SPC variant and Megan), but they are lighter and can take on the outside environment i.e corrosion.

Reactions: Nix
With the SPCs, the tolerance is tight and there is less play coming from that camber arm.

I was amazed at how tight of a fit it was. At first, I didn't even think they would fit. Gotta line them up just right and then kinda pound it in with your fist a bit.

I used a rubber mallet. :D

Back