Can an "LED bulb electronic flasher" mitigate the need for a resistor being added to the circuit?

fritz

atlantic city, nj
Vehicle Model
civic si
Body Style
coupe
Last edited:
I've read about these before and that is what I have been led to believe. Now, whether or not they make some that fit the stock relay harness/plug i'm not sure.

I've read about these before and that is what I have been led to believe. Now, whether or not they make some that fit the stock relay harness/plug i'm not sure.
Thanks, I'm seeing them just listed as Japanese models. I really don't want to wire in a resistor if I don't have to.

There may be wiring differences. What's the price? It may be worth it to just try it and send it back if it doesn't fit, or even pay the price of knowing.

If I were you I would just buy and try. I've seen that exact product before because I shopped at superbrightleds for my interior white LEDs. Compare it to the stock relay before buying. If it looks the same, try it. Doesn't work?... Return it, return shipping will be very low via USPS.

Take a look @ around 1:00 for "flasher module"

These guys also make something similar.

TapTurn

Problem is, you need to find one that works with the car. If the car has one at all.

These guys also make something similar.

TapTurn

Problem is, you need to find one that works with the car. If the car has one at all.[/quote]

Thanks so much, that helps a lot, i'm going to contact them and ask if they know about the 9th gen being able to use these!

I had LED bulbs in my flasher/signals, and they would blink really fast. Once I installed an electronic flasher relay, the problem was fixed and my signals flashed like they normally should. I know that this is a method to avoid adding resistors.
But this was on my '96 Civic so not sure how it'll be on our 9th gens...

Back