Can you help me with my bra? (Nose Mask)

bdh63

Greensboro, NC
Vehicle Model
LX
Body Style
Sedan
I've seen a few people on here with front nose masks for their civics. I have the factory nose mask and am about to use it for the first time this weekend on a long trip. I noticed in the instructions to avoid getting wet..

So do I have to jump out in the first rainstorm I come across and remove it immediately? Or is this just one of those thing where I shouldn't leave it in wet for long periods of time?

Any other tips while using it?

Any help would be great!

I'd imagine it says that to protect themselves against mold claims? If you had water trapped behind it for really long periods it could get moldy? I'm not sure what the backing feels like, but I picture it being somewhat soft to avoid pair damage. It just says to, "air it out if it becomes wet".

Yeah I was just unsure I guess.. I saw on some Saturn forums people talking about water causing premature paint fade but I would think you would have to leave it on wet over time for that.

I was wondering if it got wet, would it cause it to stretch and flap thus causing damage to the finish? I'm really in the dark on this. I've never used one. I bought it to protect Hondas "soft" paint and I don't want to end up damaging it instead lol.

Yeah I was just unsure I guess.. I saw on some Saturn forums people talking about water causing premature paint fade but I would think you would have to leave it on wet over time for that.

I was wondering if it got wet, would it cause it to stretch and flap thus causing damage to the finish? I'm really in the dark on this. I've never used one. I bought it to protect Hondas "soft" paint and I don't want to end up damaging it instead lol.

The only time I used one was in the early 90's on a Z24 that I had. I found that it scuffed the paint which is why I never got another one. I only took it off a few times a year to clean under it though. It was probably my own fault.

I've seen people talk about paint fade. Say you left the bra on 24-7 while it sat outside in the sun for 4yrs or whatever. The paint under the bra would be unexposed, while the rest has had major sun exposure. You could have a difference in color due to the exposed/unexposed areas over long periods.

The only time I used one was in the early 90's on a Z24 that I had. I found that it scuffed the paint which is why I never got another one. I only took it off a few times a year to clean under it though. It was probably my own fault.
Same here so now i use blue painter's tape.

But wouldn't any sun damage only result from prolonged use? I've been considering getting one, specifically for long road trips.

If I'm only installing it a couple times per year, then removing it after use, it shouldn't cause any damage, right?

Back