Can't skip songs on Pandora with Apple IOS7

Mr. Clean

Anyone having issues being able to skip/advance to next song with your iphone with IOS7? Drives me crazy because I use it every time I'm in the car.

I have a iphone 5 with the most recent update. My Bluetooth connects to my phone and plays audio. I simply can't skip using the steering wheel controls or dash buttons. I'm talking about blue tooth streaming with the Pandora app running on the phone. Not hooking the phone up via USB and using the Pandora interface through IMID.

Thanks!

Anyone having issues being able to skip/advance to next song with your iphone with IOS7? Drives me crazy because I use it every time I'm in the car.

I have a iphone 5 with the most recent update. My Bluetooth connects to my phone and plays audio. I simply can't skip using the steering wheel controls or dash buttons. I'm talking about blue tooth streaming with the Pandora app running on the phone. Not hooking the phone up via USB and using the Pandora interface through IMID.

Thanks!

I'll have to try it tomorrow. I'm at iOS 7 with my iPhone 5 and I'm able to skip songs when connected via USB. I haven't tried through Bluetooth. I'll let you know how it goes.

I streamed Pandora through Bluetooth today and I was able to skip songs fine using the controls on the steering wheel. It worked the same way it does when connected through USB.

Having said that, Pandora appears to be flaky since the iOS 7 update. It seems to hang quite a bit. I didn't link the update to the app hanging until I saw this post.

Hi I got an iPhone 5s and 2012 civic ex coupe. It will not let me skip tracks over bluetooth. Works fine over USB. I had a iPhone 5 before this and everything worked flawless. Any ideas what the problem is? Anyone else having this same issue with the 5s? Let me know. Thanks in adavance for your guys input

merged threads, as this seems to be an issue with some users on bluetooth

From HCI...
When an Apple device running the iOS operating system is upgraded to a new full version (e.g. version 6.1.4 to version 7.0) it may occur that Bluetooth connectivity concerns with a vehicle are experienced. This can include the device not connecting, certain features not responding or erratic behavior. The frequency of this concern is very low and as a result we anticipate few customers experiencing difficulties.

Should one experience this type of concern after upgrading their device, the first step is to delete the device from the vehicle’s Bluetooth list and pair it again to create a new connection.

From HCI...
When an Apple device running the iOS operating system is upgraded to a new full version (e.g. version 6.1.4 to version 7.0) it may occur that Bluetooth connectivity concerns with a vehicle are experienced. This can include the device not connecting, certain features not responding or erratic behavior. The frequency of this concern is very low and as a result we anticipate few customers experiencing difficulties.

Should one experience this type of concern after upgrading their device, the first step is to delete the device from the vehicle’s Bluetooth list and pair it again to create a new connection.

Thank you for posting the solution. I signed up just to thank you!

I do not have a honda civic but I WAS having this same issue. I just upgraded from a 2013 jetta to a 2014. Now in my 2013, I had no problem. Even after I updated to iOS 7.0 then to 7.02. I also didn't have a problem in the 2014 but them a couple of days ago the skip and back buttons stopped working on the steering wheel. Of course I thought I did something wrong. So after days with this nonsense I decided to contact the dealer. The dealer tells me it "maybe you need to put your songs in folders and albums, I tried that...of course it didn't work. Then they tell me "oh it's a common problem because of the new apple update and somehow it's not streaming correctly to bluetooth" but I'm like it was working fine before and then it just stopped. So they say apple need to update the software again to be compatible with the bluetooth software (something to that effect) ....and on and on and on with their bs

They tried to convince me and after awhile I started to believe them but the moral of the story is "always diagnosis your problems on line because they'll tell u anything...this is also the same logic I use for doctors"

In closing, I deleted my user profile on my car and also under bluetooth on my phone (my signs vw iPhone) I clicked "forget this device" and then searched for my phone on the car and paired it again.

Now this didn't work instantly (this was yesterday/last night) but today when I was in the car it started working. I can now skip a song or replay a song.

#nowalliswellintheworldagain

insider - solving problems across multiple manufacturers!

iphone 5 is a pile of shittt!! Makes me so bad that my Bold 9900 showed everything including artwork and song info and the stupid new iphone 5 doesnt do **** all. Just shows "Ali's iPhone" and i can't even skip songs or nothing. pile of ****, makes ma mad. Damn apple...

Ali, my iPhone shows the artwork and let's me skip songs etc. I'm thinking it could be the 2012s and compatibility.

Ali, my iPhone shows the artwork and let's me skip songs etc. I'm thinking it could be the 2012s and compatibility.
whaaaattt!? really!? i tried re-pairing my phone so many times :( im so sad this doesnt work :(

gonna try putting songs on a mem stick after work and trying it that way for now :(

Here is two screen shots from the Honda Handsfreelink site. Both are for the iPhone 5 running iOS 6. The '12 will not show song info through Bluetooth. The '13s will.

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383075122.166741.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383075133.186565.jpg

Back