Car doesn't run right after winterizing

skittleslegend

Stowe, VT
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I just got back from Japan after storing my car for a few months, but now something is just not right. I decided to winterize my car while i was gone and I started with draining the radiator and pouring in a prefect 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water. Then, I drained my oil and poured in a prefect 50/50 mixture of oil and antifreeze. After all that, I checked the hoses and went for a spin. I wanted the mixtures to get a good blending together so nothing would freeze while it sat in my garage for the winter. Well, all I can say is, this car runs like it only produces 50hp. The car runs like it's already frozen up and has no power. What gives? Is it because I used GM's red Dexcool coolant?

I just got back from Japan after storing my car for a few months, but now something is just not right. I decided to winterize my car while i was gone and I started with draining the radiator and pouring in a prefect 50/50 mixture of antifreeze and water. Then, I drained my oil and poured in a prefect 50/50 mixture of oil and antifreeze. After all that, I checked the hoses and went for a spin. I wanted the mixtures to get a good blending together so nothing would freeze while it sat in my garage for the winter. Well, all I can say is, this car runs like it only produces 50hp. The car runs like it's already frozen up and has no power. What gives? Is it because I used GM's red Dexcool coolant?
......wut??

(edit) Ugh... today... hah, good one man.

Last edited:
Good catch on the "Fool's Day" .......Had me thinking.
Now for his sake, let's hope that was it.

****, I just realized what I had done. **** me.
So you're saying you actually put anti freeze in your oil? Sorry to hear that. Only thing I can come up with is drain the oil / refill with cheap fresh oil & add about 8oz's of SeaBreeze / take it for a ride 20 miles / drain and refill with quality oil.
Warning I don't know if this will work, I'd ask a pro.

Considering you made another thread 9 min. after this thread (HEAD) would lead me to believe you're not all that concerned with your oil problem..... But does sound like you'll be fun to have around....... Welcome.

Coolant in the oil will wipe the bearings out in very short order. I hope this is an April fools joke.... otherwise that's going to be an expensive endeavor.

Anybody else notice on this new guy's profile that it says "Aprilfools.com" under the webpage section? Was a good laugh anyway. :rotfl:

Back