champion's league?

For his postion, he is. He's getting better with the national team as well. He still needs to prove he can take Argentina to a world cup title just like ronaldo does. Both have won it all, except that world cup. Iniesta is up there with them too IMO. I was expecting him to win the Balon D'Or since he won the UEFA Player of the Year. wonder who will win it this year?
Not sure If you heard but a Dr. in Spain was acquitted of charges for manipulating blood from cyclists and possibly spanish players in order to enhance their performance, which questions Spain's Dominance over the years, all he got was a ban from practicing sports Medicine for a few months, and they disposed of the evidence. Courts pretty much gave him a slap on the wrist.

Dark Shadow

Last edited:
This whole cr7 vs messi debate is gettin old already. Dont get me wrong they are great players and anyone would like to have them on their team but there are also other players out there that are worth the mention. For example Gareth Bale , this kid is phenomenal!! (I hope R Madrid picks him up this summer) ribery and robben have done a great job in champions league along with gotze reus and lewandowski. U have falcao who is an amazing striker and many more. To speak only of cr7 and messi is overrated and its because they play in the top 2 teams in europe they get the recongnition.

This whole cr7 vs messi debate is gettin old already. Dont get me wrong they are great players and anyone would like to have them on their team but there are also other players out there that are worth the mention. For example Gareth Bale , this kid is phenomenal!! (I hope R Madrid picks him up this summer) ribery and robben have done a great job in champions league along with gotze reus and lewandowski. U have falcao who is an amazing striker and many more. To speak only of cr7 and messi is overrated and its because they play in the top 2 teams in europe they get the recongnition.

The Messsi v Ronaldo talk is never gonna die down, there will always be arguments and comparisons. They just happen to play for the two most Recognized clubs in the world. Been reading Man U is trying to bring back CR7, since Rooney wants to leave. Then read about Falcao signing with AS Monaco.....this summer is gonna be crazy for transfers!!
As for Bale...INCREDIBLE player...Spurs are nothing without him...even tho dempsey, defoe, abadeyor are good. I'm starting to like how Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski play. Too bad Gotze is heading to Bayern. Can't forget Isco from Malaga, Cazorla from Arsenal(he's been great from them), Suarez(even tho he's a nut case), Aguero, Balotelli(crazy as well). I could on..lol

The Messsi v Ronaldo talk is never gonna die down, there will always be arguments and comparisons. They just happen to play for the two most Recognized clubs in the world. Been reading Man U is trying to bring back CR7, since Rooney wants to leave. Then read about Falcao signing with AS Monaco.....this summer is gonna be crazy for transfers!!
As for Bale...INCREDIBLE player...Spurs are nothing without him...even tho dempsey, defoe, abadeyor are good. I'm starting to like how Gotze, Reus and Lewandowski play. Too bad Gotze is heading to Bayern. Can't forget Isco from Malaga, Cazorla from Arsenal(he's been great from them), Suarez(even tho he's a nut case), Aguero, Balotelli(crazy as well). I could on..lol
Dude, sounds like u know ur stuff wish u were from NJ lol. I dont think cr7 wil leave to man u or any other team yet. Hes the future of Madrid. Hes their star and he knows it and perez will do everything to keep him happy. As for Falcao I dont see him in monaco either just because that would bring him down. I see him in the Premier next season maybe man u in for rooney, chelsea in for torres or even bayern if lewandowski stays with B Dortmund. As for isco hes awesome I read that barca wants him but the problem with spanish players is that once madrid or barca become interested their value triples for those 2 teams and they end up playing else where for a reasonable price like mata cazorla silva torres arteta etc.as for aguero and balotelli I dunno theyre overrated to me I really dont like either one especially balotelli. Yea this summer is goin to be nuts with transfers well see if neymar ends up in barca bale in madrid falcao in premier or bundesliga rooney??

Dude, sounds like u know ur stuff wish u were from NJ lol. I dont think cr7 wil leave to man u or any other team yet. Hes the future of Madrid. Hes their star and he knows it and perez will do everything to keep him happy. As for Falcao I dont see him in monaco either just because that would bring him down. I see him in the Premier next season maybe man u in for rooney, chelsea in for torres or even bayern if lewandowski stays with B Dortmund. As for isco hes awesome I read that barca wants him but the problem with spanish players is that once madrid or barca become interested their value triples for those 2 teams and they end up playing else where for a reasonable price like mata cazorla silva torres arteta etc.as for aguero and balotelli I dunno theyre overrated to me I really dont like either one especially balotelli. Yea this summer is goin to be nuts with transfers well see if neymar ends up in barca bale in madrid falcao in premier or bundesliga rooney??

Lol...man I just love the beautiful game, can't get enough of it. I doubt CR7 will leave too, but he hasnt signed a new contract yet with los merengues, which brings up questions about him. As far as Falcao, I hope he stays in atheltico, he's their main guy for me. I think he's the 3rd top scorer this season too. your right about players who are on real and barcas list, their price shoots up. Isco would be a good fit but the way barca plays often gives new players a hard time to adjust. we got Tello and he's starting to show some flair. Barca really needs a CB, puyol to me looks like he's on his last years. Xavi is getting up there too. I see neymar either in spain or PSG if the money talks. Bale at Real would be insane, CR7, Bale, Higuain, Benzema...you got a great lineup right there..

How about that Ronaldo red card? His foot scraped the other player's face and that player made an Oscar winning act...

Ya, I saw the highlights....it's crap like this that make s me ashamed to be a soccer player. They really should clean up acting and diving. Referees should give automatic yellows for acting/diving and automatic reds if someone dives in the penalty box trying to get a penalty shot and possibly affect the outcome of the game by cheating.

Are you guys following the Confederations Cup? Spain is looking awesome! That match yesterday was just too much for Tahiti.

I am. This confe cup is NO competition for spain. I thought uruguay was goin to be a match for them but uruguay is def NOT the same team from the past world cup. Spain has many more years to be competitive, theyre under 21 just became champions of europe as well. Talented kids like morata top scorer (r madrid) thiago (barcelona) de gea (manchester united) isco (malaga) and many more.

They won though. :woot: I was so scared during the penalty kicks. I thought Spain was going to choke.

Neymar did so much on the final round. Brazil did a great job. I'm pretty upset how Spain had no offense at all. Spain just faltered on their last two games. I think the red card on Pique was uncalled for.

I think the Pique Card was justified, He clearly went for the take down and not the ball. Plus he stopped a goal scoring opportunity, which i think is an automatic red card. Spain just got beat in the final. Brazil looked great and just hammered them. But im sure Spain will rebound and be ready for the world cup next year.

After looking at the replay, I guess it is justifiable to call the red. Pique did keep his foot pretty high with that slide tackle. I didn't really see much on Spain's offensive side, besides Iniesta making a few moves here and there. Torres was nowhere to be found. And yeah, I can't wait for the World Cup. I hope it is a rematch between Brazil and Spain again. But isn't the World Cup held in Brazil? Lol.

Also, it was in the news that there was a massive crowd that was causing a riot outside the arena. They were protesters that were against the Brazilian government for spending money and wasting them mainly on sports events.

yea they have been protesting the entire tournament, hopefully FIFA works with the government to fix the issues the locals have against them. Might as well move it to the USA :usa:

If Brazil supposedly can't spend the money, why spend it? I think they have too much pride, especially for futbol.

And I don't understand why people are hating Torres for getting the Golden Boot. He made a Hat Trick + 1 goal in one of the games (Uruguay) in the final 8 matches. 5 Goals in total. No one else made a Hat Trick, besides David Villa. Fred made 2 goals against Spain, 2 goals against Italy and 1 goal against Uruguay.

Back