check engine light

818_kevs

Vehicle Model
Lx
Body Style
coupe
hey whats up everyone i recently installed a takeda intake but my check engine light pops up now any idea how i can take this little light off?

hey whats up everyone i recently installed a takeda intake but my check engine light pops up now any idea how i can take this little light off?

Go to autozone or oriellys and they will read your code for free they can also clear it. But if your intake is doing it then it'll just pop up again.

They can read but they usually refuse to clear it for me. They told me its for liability reasons. Just fyi.

They can read but they usually refuse to clear it for me. They told me its for liability reasons. Just fyi.

Depending the code it throws they can decline to clear it based on liability like u said but if its something small they will or u could pull the fuse but in doing that ull never know wen something actually goes wrong until ur car wont start ...

ECU reset. Negative off the battery, positive off the battery, wait a few minutes, reconnect. Try that first.

I just ended up getting a cheap obd 2 scanner so I can read and erase codes for myself. Never had to use it on the Si though. I think everyone should have one.

thanks everyone for the info but for some reason it just went away by itself is that normal?

U probly had a loose wire and it wiggled into place silly things like that happened on my truck all the time (why i got rif of it)

That is weird, is it normal for the car to kinda shake when it's on nurtal or going into first (not stalling)

I'm not sure how can u tell if its a rough idle?

Rough idle is exactly how it sounds . Its like the car shakes u can feel vibrations instead of it just being on my truck did that this honda is smooth sometimes i forget its on

Well it shakes for about 3 sec and then it goes away but it's only when I put it in first or on nutural after that it doesn't shake

That combined with the check engine light makes me want to say take it to the dealer so they can scan it. It's not normal.

If this happened right after u installed your intake and was running fine and smooth before I would question your install. Maybe go over it again and see if everything is tight and plugged in? Did u get anything on the maf?

Good idea. I forgot about the intake. The maf sensor could cause that if it got damaged, dirty, or not connected properly.

Try putting the stock on back on drive for a couple of days then switch back. I had the same problem with my intake. I sent it back to greddy for a replacement. They told me that the ecu takes up time to adjust to the airflow, and told me that I should drive until it goes off but that was totally bogus. I demanded a replacement and when I installed it; it worked like a charm. I think it was the MAF sensor sitting to high for the ecu to read the appropriate numbers. You might have the same problem? Hopefully that helps.

Back