Civic coupe scissor/Lambo doors?

Adrizzzle08

DFW, Tx
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Any chance anyone might know any manufacturer that makes or will make a scissor/Lambo door weld on/bolt on kit for the 9th gen Civic?

quite a few sites sell them... search "vertical doors" or "lambo doors" in any search engine and you'll see tons of sites that sell kits. May be a while till you see 2012 kits out, and prepare yourself for the haters

yeah....
Lambo-Doors-So-Played-Out.jpg

I see some people on here have been drinking that Haterade ^^^ lol, but that is funny btw

Lamborghini's do have them lol only the Murcielago, Diablo, and Aventador have them. The rest of the Lamborghini line up just have regular opening doors.

Any chance anyone might know any manufacturer that makes or will make a scissor/Lambo door weld on/bolt on kit for the 9th gen Civic?

I'm sorry I can't help you with your original question but let me ask you this, have you ever been in a car with lambo doors? I have and let me tell you its a nice expensive way to screw up some doors. Usually what happens is the weight of the door is excessive and ends up ever so slightly bending the new hinges. This causes the door to not want to shut when you slam it closed. It takes a few good tries to line it up usually. I don't know if this happens to all lambo doors but the 3 cars that I've been in (all done by separate shops) all had this same problem.

Well there are two types of Lamborghini door configurations; Bolt-on and Weld-on. Whichever one the Murcielago's and Aventador's and Diablo's have are obviously the way to go at it. Maybe there are extra components to the Lamborghini kits that should be added like door dampers that some car have under the hoods so you don't have to rest the hood on the metal support bar you just open it and that's it.

Well there are two types of Lamborghini door configurations; Bolt-on and Weld-on. Whichever one the Murcielago's and Aventador's and Diablo's have are obviously the way to go at it. Maybe there are extra components to the Lamborghini kits that should be added like door dampers that some car have under the hoods so you don't have to rest the hood on the metal support bar you just open it and that's it.

The biggest difference between Lamborghini doors and anything else is Lamborghini designed theirs doors to open like that, so the doors have a completely different structure inside the door to support the vertical openings. That and they are super light. Most people want to install these on coupes and most coupes have big doors that are very heavy. I've been in a tiburon that had them done professionally and he paid a lot. They welded on the new hinges and worked great the first couple weeks. After they stopped lining up he went back and had them adjusted, worked again for a couple weeks then they guy told him they usually don't line up after a while because of the wear and tear.

By all means I hope Im not being negative or discouraging you to get them. I would like to see you tell us how they work. Maybe things have changed since the last one I've been in.

I actually was gonna say what WhiteFG4 said. I am by no means telling you not to get them. It's your car so you gotta do what's happy but make sure you look at it from all angles and keep in mind that even though they have kits for specific cars, they aren't built with the quality these super and hyper cars have. A had a couple buddies that had them and wound up taking them off because they never lined up and wound up messing the door up. Also, keep in mind of your passengers not knowing how to properly open and close them. That will kill the doors REAL fast. If I happen to come across anything and you still want them, I'll post what I find here. Good luck on your hunt/decision.

Ever heard of doors made of carbon fiber? I think that will help significantly with the lining up problem. My hypothesis is that Lamborghini has done something to make their doors continue to line up time after time again so that they can undergo numerous wear and tear and still continue to keep lining up and functioning perfectly.

8th gen carbon doors from seibon are around 2k a piece. So you'd have roughly 4k in doors without paint, or without the vertical kits. I'm not suggesting you shouldn't do it, but I don't think carbon is the answer. If you want to do it, do it on a normal door. Just know that you may have to replace the gas shocks that lift the door. I've heard that they are usually the item that fails over time.

Welllllllllll all I'm saying is I have a vivid imagination full of ideas when it comes to all of the upgrades I plan on doing to my Civic Si... Like the two Scion tC's that we're converted from FWD to RWD in the professional drifting circuits, I plan on doing that to my Si. I've always liked RWD and AWD over FWD, but I don't mind FWD. I furthermore understand what you're saying about the carbon fiber doors. All the small, easy upgrades (Carbon fiber hood & trunk, Coilovers, Cold Air Intake, etc...) are in progress and all the more complicated bigger upgrades (Custom Roll Cage, Custom Dual Cat-Back Exhaust System, 4-Point Racing Seat Belts, Racing Seats etc...) are pending.

Back