Clean Under MAP Sensor?

TechJohnson

Pennsylvania
Vehicle Model
FB6
Body Style
Sedan
Hey everyone. Having a small problem that's been driving me nuts.

Ever since putting on my HPS short ram intake, I've been throwing code P0172. Also, at around 3,400 RPMs, when I lean into it, there is a slight hesitation/bog that's happening before the car really goes.

Thought I just needed a small tune on Flashpro and I'd be good. So I purchased a Flashpro and I'm still having the issue.

Decided to download the iOS application for Flashpro and check my MAP (.bar) numbers when driving and saw that a few times I'm getting -0.00 which is nearly reading I have boost. Once or twice I saw 0.36 which is indicated boost, right? Also hear a lot of air sounds higher in the RPMs (around 5-6).

So I'm thinking my MAP sensor is bad. Decided to pull it off and clean it yesterday before purchasing a new one. Inside the sensor is spotless, but the hole where the sensor is placed is full of carbon build up. Could this be the cause? Also, how could I clean this area since it's way past the throttle body? Just toss some brake cleaner down there and let it evaporate out?

I'll most likely end up getting a new sensor, but if inside the manifold where the sensor is located is that dirty, I need to clean it. It also has a smell of gas, which is indicating I'm running rich. Need to get this fixed as I've just moved states and need to get the car inspected...that and I need a clutch/motor mounts soon...so I want the car to run right first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I should probably mention that with Flashpro, I am unable to reflash with "US Civic Si 2014, stock tuned, 6000rpm launch limit" basemap. If I do, the car starts and then shuts off, like it's being chocked. I can only upload "US Civic Si 2012-2014, MAF tune" and "US Civic Si 2012-2014, Hondata reflash." I have a 2015...but these are the only options I am able to use with my current setup, to my knowledge.

Hey everyone. Having a small problem that's been driving me nuts.

Ever since putting on my HPS short ram intake, I've been throwing code P0172. Also, at around 3,400 RPMs, when I lean into it, there is a slight hesitation/bog that's happening before the car really goes.

Thought I just needed a small tune on Flashpro and I'd be good. So I purchased a Flashpro and I'm still having the issue.

Decided to download the iOS application for Flashpro and check my MAP (.bar) numbers when driving and saw that a few times I'm getting -0.00 which is nearly reading I have boost. Once or twice I saw 0.36 which is indicated boost, right? Also hear a lot of air sounds higher in the RPMs (around 5-6).

So I'm thinking my MAP sensor is bad. Decided to pull it off and clean it yesterday before purchasing a new one. Inside the sensor is spotless, but the hole where the sensor is placed is full of carbon build up. Could this be the cause? Also, how could I clean this area since it's way past the throttle body? Just toss some brake cleaner down there and let it evaporate out?

I'll most likely end up getting a new sensor, but if inside the manifold where the sensor is located is that dirty, I need to clean it. It also has a smell of gas, which is indicating I'm running rich. Need to get this fixed as I've just moved states and need to get the car inspected...that and I need a clutch/motor mounts soon...so I want the car to run right first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
#1 reason why I won't ever modify the intake on my daily lol, did it on my last car and ran into constant problems like this. I'd recommend checking and cleaning your MAF, then inspect the actual intake and make sure all the claps are tight, even the slightest leak can cause the MAF to think it's getting more air than it really is. Which of course would cause the car to run rich. I also probably wouldn't be using brake cleaner for anything in the intake. There are specific MAF, MAP, and Throttle body cleaners at like autozone or pepboys.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

#1 reason why I won't ever modify the intake on my daily lol, did it on my last car and ran into constant problems like this. I'd recommend checking and cleaning your MAF, then inspect the actual intake and make sure all the claps are tight, even the slightest leak can cause the MAF to think it's getting more air than it really is. Which of course would cause the car to run rich. I also probably wouldn't be using brake cleaner for anything in the intake. There are specific MAF, MAP, and Throttle body cleaners at like autozone or pepboys.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have the specific cleaners, just use to saying brake cleaner lol. MAF sensor is spotless, pulled that yesterday to clean as well. All clamps are tight and no apparent leaks. I plan to turbo or supercharge in a few months, but need to figure this out first lol.

Back