Clucking and grinding sound 2014 hybrid civic

Austinseed

I’ve been having this sound go on since October of 19’. When I go 80 or faster going uphill it makes this awful sound. I can sometimes Control the sound by steering to the left to make the sound go away and steering to the right to make it much worse. I took it to a mechanic in November of 19’ they just put it on the lift, change my tires to winter tires inspected everything and drove it in circles. They said they couldn’t find anything. Really annoying because I told them you had to go 80 or faster uphill. I had it in my mind that it’s the cv axel. I bought the part and I replaced it and it still didn’t fix my problem. So I took it to my mechanic that I usually take everything to(one of the best around) well he inspects everything then he calls me saying your back tires are shot. He’s pretty sure it’s that. Well I told him I might have bad memory but I’m pretty sure it happened before these tires were even put on. Well i let him put them on and he calls me saying he thinks he fix it. So I pick it up today and driving 30 minutes the annoying sound comes back. It does a clicking and grinding sound. Once awhile it sounds like a spring comes loose. Kinda like when you flick the door stopper spring behind doors. It’s a 2014 Honda Civic hybrid

View: https://youtu.be/WZEbhxoQj4Y

View: https://youtu.be/bCAzr_QQdd0

How in the world would a mechanic think that noise is from your tires? Can you pinpoint if it’s coming from the engine bay or a general area of the car?

How in the world would a mechanic think that noise is from your tires? Can you pinpoint if it’s coming from the engine bay or a general area of the car?

it sounds like it’s coming near the transmission.

no offense, but a mechanic should be able to put it on a lift/stands and run the car up to speed to pinpoint it and actually determine what is wrong. If it's that loud inside the cabin, you should be able to clearly hear it from under the car.

no offense, but a mechanic should be able to put it on a lift/stands and run the car up to speed to pinpoint it and actually determine what is wrong. If it's that loud inside the cabin, you should be able to clearly hear it from under the car.
Well two mechanics couldn’t figure it out so far. I think it has something to do with the suspension or joint because it does it mostly with hills and turning to the right. That means the weight disbursement in the car changes putting most of the weight to the left of the car.

If it mostly happens when u turn to the right and at high speeds then I would suspect a wheel hub bearing in the left/driver side. Do u have a jack?

Cv axle would click even when turning at low speeds.

If it mostly happens when u turn to the right and at high speeds then I would suspect a wheel hub bearing in the left/driver side. Do u have a jack?

Cv axle would click even when turning at low speeds.

I’ve tested the wheel bearings and they seem fine

Well I took it to the Honda dealership. I drove around with the master tech so he could hear the noise. It turns out to be the heat shield was bent and had broke one of the tabs.

Back