Clutch kits for si

I still have not bought one because I think it will be too big of a job for me to do myself with out a rack to put the car on. And the shops want to charge 6-7 hours labor. Does that sound right for a clutch?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

^Thank you

2012 si
8037-0420 SCC Stage 5 - 4 Pad Rigid Ceramic
8037-0620 SCC Stage 4 - 6 Pad Rigid Ceramic
8037-1420 SCC Stage 5 - 4 Pad Ceramic
8037-1620 SCC Stage 4 - 6 Pad Ceramic
8037-2100 SCC Stage 2 - Steelback Brass Plus
=====

^ Those part numbers are identical to the 2011 si (8th gen) ... item for item. So the clutch is the same. Now, we'll just see what they say on the flywheel.

Yeah when it got closer to the time to put my clutch kit on was going to dig deeper in the flywheel questions. But I thought that fox marketing said completion flywheel also.

You're correct, it does list competition as the flywheel (which I bought up in my email). Hopefully they can clear up some questions.

So, I've received a response from competition clutches -

====
The 2012 and up cars uses a very sensitive crank speed detection system. If the ecu does not see the crank speed up and slow down properly (within what it knows is proper) in between each stage of the 4 stroke cycle (suck, squeeze, bang, blow) it will throw a check engine light and cause the vehicle to go into limp mode.

We have found out that our clutch assembly for the previous gen si's (8037 base kits), when combined with a properly weighted OEM flywheel (22100-RBC-003), will fall within the realm of what the ecu deems as proper and allow the car to run with an aftermarket clutch assembly.

With an aftermarket ecu or perhaps a reflash of the factory ecu you can get around all that and just bolt up a previous gen clutch and flywheel (8037 & 2-800). I hope this clears things up for you.

Thank you,
Dominic F.
Warranty/Tech
Competition Clutch, Inc
====

So more waiting on hondata

Back