Clutch Slip at 26K?!

Srs15k24

SLC, UT
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Pretty sure my clutch is starting to slip already, feels like it won't hook up, mostly starting out...and yeah with 26K miles. I've absolutely babied this car since I bought it and never dropped the clutch so I can't believe it's acting up like this. My 2009 Si went to almost 90K (at the time of trade in) and never had any issues. Dealer probably won't help me either? It is considered a wear item after all, they'll probably just say, "Learn to drive kid" even though I've had manuals for like 12 years.

Anyone with a Stage 1 could chime in please, is it close to stock pedal effort, feel and engagement? Would you recommend something else? Thanks in advance.

I recall maybe 5 or fewer people have had their clutch replaced under warranty for defects. Most of them had broken springs on the clutch disc if I recall correctly. It never hurts to see what your dealer says. If you've really babied it, your clutch isn't going to look abused when they dig into it. Do you have any type of relationship with dealers near you? Know any workers?

Back