Coilover Help!

KuyaJay2

Fremont, Ca
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Just installed my K-Sport Pro Kontrols on my '13 Civic Si with the help of my brother. And when we finished with it and took it out for a test drive there was like a clacking sound going on. Especially on the rear wheels. Whats going on?! any help or insight would be much appreciated! Thanks!

i have the same coils. i wanna say its the 9th gen rear upper mounts. the rubber part from the rear springs. itll keep making that sound until you order the 8th gen rear upper mounts. trust me its worth it. once i got them i was able to tell the difference. huge difference. but yeah that'll take care of that problem.

Your rear upper mount isn't tight enough. Just jack it up and make sure it's fully seated with the Allen key and wrench

I tightened the upper mounts still making same sound so it might be the rubber parts on the spring will check that out see if it'll make the difference thanks guys!

Mine didnt go away until I uninstalled and reinstalled the shock. The knock comes from the small metal tube and plate.

the top of the stock/strut, the part that goes into the top mount that sandwiches the two rubber parts.

like the left side is perfect the right side is what is throwing me off

koo thanks to @ADExternal for all the help! just figured out had to make a burger lol but got it to work no more sound and got the drop that i wanted to get. time to get my alignment done first thing in the morning tomorrow!IMG_3044.JPGIMG_3047.JPG

Back