Coilover options and opinions.

silver04v

I'm pretty tired of listening to my sportlines popping and whatnot. I feel that a progressive spring that has the coils touching each other when loaded is just a terrible design. My front ones make a ruckus when turning at slow speeds.
So I'm looking at getting some coilovers. What's the chances for noises with coilovers?
Looking at d2 or bc
Which do you guys suggest, I hear lots of good about bc with the Sentra guys but what about Hondas? Never heard of d2, how do they compare?

d2
Yup. I like them. The install was straight forward, although there were no instructions. With some preload on the springs and the dampers set about half way, it rides great. It corners flatter, but I wouldn't say it takes turns any faster. I believe the limiting factor is still the stock all-season tires, though. All things considered, so far it was worth the money for what I wanted.

some users who have the setup in this thread
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/d2-coilovers.6074/

BC racing
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-with-bc-racing-coilovers-installed-inside.4055/

bc racing owner
http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/808rallyred-build-melanie.7355/

some stuff to read through

I am experiencing the same problem with my sportslines.
Ive seen a lot of nice drops with the d2 coils, im planning on getting them myself

I have bc coilovers on my car and they are amazing I've had no problems with em The pic i put up is when i just put em in and there at the lowest at the front ride quality they are really good and they have 32 way damping all way around View attachment 29533
@Musavir Nazir Thats as low as it will go? Doesnt seem that its very low, comparing to others. Now that has me questioning maybe going with d2s?

@Musavir Nazir Thats as low as it will go? Doesnt seem that its very low, comparing to others. Now that has me questioning maybe going with d2s?
i should have taken the pic when they settled lol i took this pic as soon as i put my wheels back on. Heres a better pic the day later at a show only pic i could find and the front is like half an inch from the rim and the rims are wrapped in a 45 tire so once i get my new tires it ill be even lower

Attachments

• 903800_672011856160724_2002198144_o.jpg
    903800_672011856160724_2002198144_o.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 34
I know you can go lower on the d2's as there are some d2 owners who've said they can scrape their frame on flat ground.

d2's - @sk8nava 's car

9262237276_dde8a832d3_z.jpg

9241294403_5260997e4f_z.jpg

Thanks webby, I ordered buddy clubs and I think Ill be happy with them
Heard some bad things about d2s durability in the NE winters

@webby do you know where the chart that shows measurement of coil threads, is equal to how much drop, etc. I've seen it on the forum here but I just can't find it again. Or do we have any other coilover setup thread that I'm missing that you know of?

I truly don't ... and I'd imagine that each brand has their own thread pattern as far as how many turns ...to equaling however many inches. Each one is probably different.

according to other sites/users reporting...

ground control
One full turn on the front adjuster equals 1/8" change in ride height, and one full turn on the rear is around 1/4" at the wheel.

My coilovers (not teins) are threaded 8 threads/inch, so 4 turns clockwise (to the right from your perspective looking at the shocks) would raise the car . 5", while 2 turns would raise it .25". I think 8 thread/inch is the standard pitch on coilover bodies, so that should work on yours as well.

KW coilover manual each full turn equals 1/8th of an inch.

and so on... just some random threads I found. They also may differ from one car make/model to another....so those figures may not be correct on your application.

Back