Coilover sleeves

sheamichael20

I have found some coilover sleeves for the 8th gen and was curious do you think they will fit a 9th gen? And that way I would still be able to run a front sway bar because the sway bar attaches to the shocks and not the coil correct?

what would you be installing the sleeves on?

stock shocks will probably not last very long ...or the ride will probably be far from good.

GC does carry coilover sleeves for the 12 Civic. We talked to them about it very early on, and now they have it available. Only issue is the front spring rates are a tad high for stock shocks. And the rear spring rates are ok for stock shocks, but just barely. They will work much better with the Koni Sport shocks, which makes them the best deal in decent coilovers going (because you get Koni shocks). It has a couple issue, most notably the issue with the rear spring falling out when you jack the car up.

Contact me anytime if you want more detail.
Cheers,
Chris

For the 2012....

http://www.ground-control-store.com/products/description.php/II=927/CA=15

And I dont get what you mean that the rear springs will fall out. Wont the rear lca keep it held in place?
About the rear spring, when chris first developed the coilover sleeves, I went to over to his shop and become the first user and test fitter for the system, the rear springs he uses which are eibach springs are a little short so there would be a small chance of them falling out when jacking up the car. But i've never has any issues of them coming loose, with the right top isolator for the rear springs and hardware, it prevents the spring from coming out or being loose.

Actually we have started using a poly insert in the rear collar that holds the spring in place now. If you want one, let me know and I'll send it to you. And all new 2012+ Civic kits come standard with this insert. So we don't have the issue of the rear spring falling out anymore.

Chris

Actually we have started using a poly insert in the rear collar that holds the spring in place now. If you want one, let me know and I'll send it to you. And all new 2012+ Civic kits come standard with this insert. So we don't have the issue of the rear spring falling out anymore.

Chris
I still haven't had a chance to install the swift springs and new collars you sent, so this is an insert you say? they would be awesome, and that way I can send you back the original collars you installed.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring this old thread back to life but....
The GC sleeves have different spring rates do you know what they are and what the stock spring rates are?

looks like the gc site lists 4 options for spring rates

But are spring rates?
It just says touring, aggressive, and race.
And what is the stock spring rates of our cars?

Someone will have to confirm, but I believe it's around 200lbs/front & 230lbs/rear on stock

Someone will have to confirm, but I believe it's around 200lbs/front & 230lbs/rear on stock

http://performance-suspension.eibach.com/eibach-news/honda_civic_2012-13_sportline

OE Si rate: 29 N/mm (165 lbs/in)OE Si rate: 44 N/mm (251 lbs/in)
OE non-Si rate: 23 N/mm (131 lbs/in)OE non-Si rate: 32 N/mm (185 lbs/in)

Oh might as well throw this in:

Front Alignment
OE Camber = -0.07 +/-0.50 deg
OE Caster = 5.37 +/-0.5 deg
OE Toe = 0.0 +/-0.14 deg

Rear Alignment
OE Camber = -0.87 +/-0.50 deg.
OE Total Toe = 0.14 deg. -0.07/+0.14 deg

This is what GC wrote to me when I emailed them about their spring rates.

Thank you for your interest Nicholas.
The rates can vary greatly depending on where you are located, and what
you intend on doing with the vehicle. If you would like custom rates, give
us a call when you are ready to order, and we will spend the time with you
to tailor the system to your specific needs.

Yeah thats what I thought.

Depending on what the spring rates are was the ones I was going to buy. Oh well thats to being vague I guess.

Back