Cold air / ram air tube

njhustler

New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I have the K&N intake and as most of you may know , it sucks in alot of hot underhood air. It uses the factory "fresh air" tubing which is a joke. I found this flex pipe on ebay. I figured in theory it should send cold air to the filter , kinda like your fist out the window. Well it works pretty well. I feel a nice increase after 30 mph. Its definetly noticeable at highway speeds. I plan on getting some mesh for the front opening to keep large debris out. I also noticed that it would be pretty easy to route it to the fog light opening for track days.Take a look at the pics and let me know what you think.
IMG_0588.JPG IMG_0589.JPG IMG_0591.JPG IMG_0592.JPG IMG_0594.JPG IMG_0600.JPG IMG_0601.JPG

Reactions: Nix
I think it really needs to be raised up some. Seems like it's hanging really low to the ground. It might get snagged on road debris, a speed bump...anything?

Wow, I can appreciate the "go for it all" but man that's real low,what about water? I can't believe all that crap is in the car( the pic of the plastic stuff) man I'm getting cold feet about this CAI stuff...

Wow, I can appreciate the "go for it all" but man that's real low,what about water? I can't believe all that crap is in the car( the pic of the plastic stuff) man I'm getting cold feet about this CAI stuff...

There are solutions that mitigate water issues. One is a sleeve/cover that goes over the filter that doesn't let water in. The other, not sure what it is called, is some sort of bypass type solution. You are worrying a little too much. Yes, hydrolock is a possibility, but is rare and easily mitigated.

There should be no worry about hydrolock due to it not being a sealed system. He is still running his K&N intake. He is just using that tubing instead of the factory tubing.

I think it really needs to be raised up some. Seems like it's hanging really low to the ground. It might get snagged on road debris, a speed bump...anything?
I thought about that after I scraped it coming out of the driveway. i think I will bring it up higher.

I covered the filter with a bag and shot the garden hose up the pipe and none made it through. I think by bringing it up higher I can avoid any water issues. Plus the flow of air goes past the filter , not into it.

Yep, it should be okay, besides the speed bumps. Lol.

Thanks. It all came out easy enough except for two screws behind the battery. I was too lazy to take the battery out.

I removed the metal piece and moved it up a bit. It increased my clearance by about an inch. I should be good now.

Back