Cold Start (first winter) worries...

Dennis Rockholt

9k Alll Day
Franklin, TN
Vehicle Model
370Z Fairlady aka "Nismo"
Body Style
Coupe
Yesterday here in TN it was pretty cold in the am (like 35) and when I started my car I heard a loud vibration. But then the rest of the day it was gone, didnt hear it at start after that at all....Then this morning I get up start it up to let it warm and melt the ice on the windows, and it does it again just a loud "buuuuuuuurrrnnt" and good. I got gas, no noise. So does anyone know of maybe a heat shield that could be vibrating due to it being loose? I am kind of at a loss on this one, any help would be great!

Thanks.

I have this exact thing happening to me on cold morning start ups. Did you ever figure out where it was coming from?

Mine started today without any noises at -7 F / -22 C so as suggested check for loose/bent parts touching underneath or take it to the dealer.

It's 13 tonight and was a high of 19 with wind chills around 0... my car was making all sorts of wacky noises I've never heard before. But my Honda doesn't scare me after all the weird stuff my Subaru used to do in freezing cold weather!

Honda=:turboleghump:

Back