College Hills Honda Door Visors

honduh1424

I know a couple of people on here bought the door/rain visors for the coupe from chh just wanted to know how people's were holding up after a few months. i been dying to get a pair for my coupe but im not sold on the 3m tape staying on the car for a long period of time. Id rather get in channel visors and i made the request to weather tech but i dont think it will happen unless alot of people call up so since im inpatient i was just going to get the ones from chh so hows is everyones holding up? any help would be great thanks guys

I traded in my 1994 Jeep I owned(18 years) and drove on a dailey bases. I put the 2 sided tape visors on right after I bought it and never had a problem.

I cleaned the car surface with windex and then went over it with rubbing alcohol.

Either apply on a hot day and sit the visors on top of the car so as to heat up the tape(Get the corners peeled off 1st) . After all is done, slowly walk your thumbs all the way from one end to the other(with pressure). If the sun isn't out use a hair blower.

Just an FYI if for some reason one was to come off you can always buy some more tape and re-apply, but I wouldn't worry about it.

Good question though!

think of it this way - your "civic" badges and whatnot are applied with 3m tape. Just about every car is that way. Think of how many vehicles are on the road with nothing but sticky tape holding their badges/emblems onto the car.

i will say if the area isnt really clean , they wont last. i had visors on for over 2 years (not oem but replicas)threw hot and cold weather never had a problem.. the hardest was getting them off tried heat gun limited success had to pick up goo-gone to remove the residue from the tape.

i would take rubbing alcohol clean the area wipe down with paper towel and do again but wipe down with micro fiber cloth. wait 5- 10 mins then apply the visors. when apply them put some pressure on the visors.

3mtape.jpg

thanks for all the help guys i appreciate it im gonna go buy them now! :)......i wish i knew how long badges would last i took mine off the day i got the car lol

so i bought the visors from chh and i put one on my car and wasnt happy with it. i mean my friend was installing his weather tech in channel visors the same day so when i saw how nice his were meaning how flushed in they were it looked like they were factory put there n than looked at mine i just didnt think it belonged like that on my car. so i have returned them and i made a call to weather tech to see if in channels were ever going to be made for the coupe and they told me they are in production and should be out in 5 months thats if they are telling the truth just figured id share to you all what i did and know :)

ehh not to me you can see in those pics there not flush with the car its smooth than you can see the bump of where the visors start and when you stand far away from the car you can totally tell its not flush with the window where the in channels are in where the window goes up it looks much cleaner and looks like it came from factory but thats my opinion

like in those pics you can totally tell its an add on onto the car itself where the in channels seem to be flush in the window and look like they came factory

guess I'd have to see the channel ones to compare

I will say it's your choice of course, looks seem to over rule funtion in my book on a lot of things I've seen on cars, but it's their car.
I would want to see a channel visor in stalled in the same type car before I installed them,due to the differences in cars, being concerned if they will work together with out any function problems.
You were leary of getting these in the 1st place, but at the time were concerned with them staying on. Where the pictures shows how it looks, of course pic's and real time can be a diff' story. Hopefully everyone will understand that when dealing with mail-order, shippers need to work with the customer to keep and gain more customers, even taking a loss.

I've ordered products from CCH with no problems, myself. Hope you get what you want.

So on that, the window closes on the plastic visor?

So on that, the window closes on the plastic visor?
It's hard to tell by the pic, it could be going in between a couple of layers(outer rubber and window runner, and not into the window channel itself).

^^ That's I guess what I was wondering. Looks like its going into the window track in that pic.

Found the instructions for it, so it does go in the channel.
*Ensure that the only part of the deflector insterted into the window channel is the thin, machined flange along the
edge of the deflector.
*The bottom edge of the front deflector must must be resting on the door’s outer weatherstrip molding. See inset
of figure 5.
*Check that the thin, machined flange of each deflector is fully and evenly inserted into the window channel. The
deflector flange is designed to rest in the main window channel between the window glass and the rubber seal.
*For windows with automatic raising feature: Roll the window all the way up without activiating the automatic feature.
Leave the window all the way up for at least 12 hours. The automatic raising feature should now function
properly.
*If windows are equipped with a safety feature that automatically opens the window if any resistance is met, simply
sandwich the window with your hands and push upward while raising the window. This should allow the
window to close fully. Leaving the window in the closed position for 12 hours will ensure proper functionality.

Back