Community Honda of Whittier

Driversound

SoCal
Vehicle Model
SI
Body Style
Sedan
We own two civics, I've taken one here before twice and both experience was not good. The first was for a TPMS sensor malfunction in one wheel, took the car here and they said it just needs to be air and reset the system. Next morning light was on again. Took the car here before 8am and they did not look at the car until after 3pm because I called before 3pm and was told they have gotten to it yet. They called me right before 4pm saying it was done and said they had to replace the sensor in one wheel. I was not happy having to come back and waiting 7 hours for them to get to it.

Second time, the car would not start and tested the battery and it was dead. Jump started and took it in to the dealer and they tested the battery and said it needs to be replaced and still under warranty so they gave me a new one. Got it home and popped the hood and saw that they put the wrong battery hold down bar as it was too big and sticking out at both side of the battery. Took it back and spoke to the service guy who talked to the tech and the tech swore that's how it came in. I said yeah right, I jump started the car this morning in I know it's not what it came in with as I wouldn't have an old extra incorrect size battery hold down bar laying around. I was told to see the Manager the next day as he was not in. I had to come back again and the manager took one look at it and said yep it's the wrong one and apoligized and game me the correct one.

3rd and final time I would be going here since they are 2 miles from where I live. I recently disconnected the battery on my 2013 since I was doing some audio work and when you disconnect the battery, things get "reset" and it takes a certain drive cycle to get the emission stuff "ready" and so a couple of days later when the evap reset, I get a P0455 code which is a large evap leak and iMid screen said gas cap. I took the gas cap off 3 times and waited for the code to go away but didn't and took it in. They said they found the gas cap to be loose and reset the ecu. I'm just waiting to see if the code comes back again as I know the gas cap was not loose. This dealership makes up things and on top of that, they have bad customer service. Do NOT take your car here.

do you have any type of throttle body spacer or intake? Some users have had the gas cap message from that.

Completely stock though I am aware of the TBS spacer causing this problem along with the fix as I had it on my 2009.
Intake can cause this as well?

Some 8th users had that if I remember correctly. Some users here had installed both an intake and TB spacer at the same time and it caused the gas cap message. When they removed the TB spacer, the message went away. I don't think anyone has had it come on purely from an intake on the 9th.

When I had an 8th gen, I tried a a few intakes (weapon-R, K&N, and settled with the modified MAF/AFE/TBS combo) with the SI the only one that gave a cell was weapon-R. On the R18, a tbs with the thermal gasket gave the gas cap code immediately and I found out it was due to the thermal gasket not having the same cut out as the original honda gasket as it was blocking something. The fix was to cut the thermal gasket exactly like the oem gasket. With this car, I have not touched the throttle body at all and made sure the gas cap was tight.

Back