Coolant fan

red13devil

Oklahoma
Vehicle Model
Civic si
Body Style
Sedan
I notice today my radiator fan will not turn on at all, How dose the coolant fan work? If I turn on a/c or heater then the fan well work but if not my car temp well keep going up pass the 200 degree.

I've just seen a ton of things about air bag lights coming on, or this not working right, etc. I have no idea if he's seen this in the past, or may know of something you can check.

I don't change any of the coolant fan settings in the 9th gen maps so as to leave it working 100% like OEM -- if the fans refuse to turn on on their own, the coolant system usually has air in it still. It needs to be burped (I've found the thermostats can be a PAIN on K series and take FOREVER to open).

The airbag lights coming on isn't related to the tunes -- we can't do antyhing with the dash lights with FlashPro, the CAN bus and/or ECU seem to freak out for some reason when the car is flashed (I've actually seen the whole dash remain lit up like a christmas tree after a flash...).

My everything good just my coolant fan not turn on when it should, So I did 2 hours of leave it idle and heater full blast radiator cap off now just had to wait and see how it go by driving couple days, thanks vit and webby

That's odd, try flashing a different map and see if it works like normal? It's possible the map got corrupt?

Back