Copying address book from 8th gen Civic (CSX) to 9th gen

2013SiSedan

Toronto
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I know that on the 8th gen, you could copy the address book using a memory card, which I've done before when I got my navi replaced under warranty. Is there a way to copy it from an Acura CSX (FD5) to a 9th gen Civic using the same or a similar method?

So here's where I've gotten thus far: before dropping off my CSX as a trade-in for my Si, I made sure to back my address books and such up. Now on the new car, the same key combo bring the engineering menu, and using the USB port that's just over the glove compartment will read a flash drive to export and import all of your user data for your GPS (I just found out I don't have to release my glove compartment, as the USB port in question is just above it when you have it open).

Now the problem is that the backup files off of my CSX' navi are in a different format that the ones that were created when I attempted to do a backup off of the 2013 Civic's navi. I tried importing the original files, but it gave me an error saying it was unable to import them.

Now to figure out a way to convert the files in question. The ones off of the 2013 Civic are bin files divided in a different part for each component of the navi (eg Phone, Adress Book, etc.), where-as the CSX had two files and they had no extension. When opening the files in notepad, I could see some of the data among all of of the odd characters, and it seemed that they weren't in the same format, looking at the pattern within. Anyone have any ideas how to convert the old format to the new one?

Let me know if you'd like to know how to get to the engineering menus ;-)

Sure, here you go:

-Press & hold buttons "Map guide" + "Dest" + "Cancel" until "select diagnosis items" screen pops up
-press "detail information & setting"
-"Functional Setup"
-"Save Users Memory"
-"Export"/"Import" options appear

Is the address book from your old car not in your phone?

It is not, and either way, I'm not finding an option of using my address book off of my phone on the navi :-(

Back