Craigslist Scams

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
So im wondering if any of you guys have had any scammers try to contact you while selling something on craigslist or any selling site? If so what have you replied? I've had a couple happen to me and about 3 months ago I got a little mad about it and replied to one of them.. Here is my conversation

Yes nice response :thumbsup: I have seen that email before about a Craigslist scam a couple months ago

...then when you actually deal with a person on CL and it's not a scam...then they decide right before getting your stuff, they want to renegotiate the price down further.

...or when you offer to meet up with them, they don't show up. Pretty typical.

Nonstop. I've had so many people send me basically the same response you received. They keep doing it, because it's obviously working on a lot of people still.

I like that response :)

Lol thanks im so tired of those stupid people.

Yes nice response :thumbsup: I have seen that email before about a Craigslist scam a couple months ago

I literally always get atleast one of them when I try to sell something.

...then when you actually deal with a person on CL and it's not a scam...then they decide right before getting your stuff, they want to renegotiate the price down further.

...or when you offer to meet up with them, they don't show up. Pretty typical.

Oh man this actually happened to me twice, I drove about an hour away and I txtd them and they never replied or told me they were an hour away and never showed up, its funny though because someone txt me yesterday about my oem wheels and he said If I could deliver it to him I told him yeah but paypal me $100 first, he ended up picking them up though.

Nonstop. I've had so many people send me basically the same response you received. They keep doing it, because it's obviously working on a lot of people still.

Yeah it actually happened to my wifes stepdad he almost gave them his info because he didn't know about the scams, lol I guess they mostly get the older people or people that don't really know how to use a computer.

ive gotten that message a couple times almost exact. But it came from stuff I posted in H-T. I'm done with craigslist though. To many scumbags on that website.

As far as the response. I've never even bothered replying. But I probably would've gone as far as insulting their moms sexual integrity.

Yea I posted a car fs in craigslist and got a response saying the guy is on a boat and he'll have his people arrange shipment of the car. ran the phone number in google and found out the phone number was a scammer lol. Anyways I knew it was too good to be true.

I never sold anything on craigs list before but the message look like it has been google translated.. What do they scammers do if you give them info? do they send you a fake check?

image.png I found a scammer the other day on Craigslist looking at trucks this is the email they sent me I asked a question then they sent almost identical message with the addition of it being in Nebraska instead of la .. Stated its a scam then they took their post down

@13civicsi4 I hate people like that I had a similar email I just found when I was trying to rent a house.
3C1830DA-C24B-4437-AC6C-E3938D56C87F_zpsfrklrzcv.png

057A2881-3F14-4D6F-9A7B-2A55A28D5ADD_zps6jaenywh.png

48A2C877-EB0F-4C0C-9A9F-DC5DD02410B6_zps8qfsuij1.png

4D27A425-19F0-4930-9F94-831BE0000164_zpstynkibkr.png

They changed the price from 1500 to 800 when they posted the ad, houses in the area at the time were about $1,500-1,800.

Yea it's very strange for people to start out with a big opening reply like that. And it happens a lot on Craigslist. One of my employees used to sit on Craigslist with free time and spam 4-5 scams within an hour or 2 pretty often

Yep that looks to certainly be a scam :bananapop: how would somebody go with that

I met up with someone that was picking up a camera I was selling. I thought I was going to get stood up as this persons was 30 mins late.

Turned out to be this little hottie chick.

Haha nicee! I guess worth the wait

Back