Crazy Car Accidents

As @webby said............ They locked the front wheels so no matter if he turned it or not, it's still going to go straight......... There's a reverse technique to the pumping your brakes that will get the car to turn....... Instead of braking till it locks then letting go, repeat..........
Advance stage of that is to, Lock it up till the front tyres are actually sliding, then let off "briefly", repeat.
PS: ABS can void this technique, but since the Porsche didn't seem to be using it, the advanced method would have worked/helped...... Needless to say, they didn't brake/let-off soon enough.

Here's the vid of the Aventador splitting in half. I don't get how the Mazda driver didn't see a white car infront of him/her.

I was expecting a worse crash than that to have split the car in half. That looked like a love tap. Of course, the Aventador looked like it was going a little fast for a residential area.

I was expecting a worse crash than that to have split the car in half. That looked like a love tap. Of course, the Aventador looked like it was going a little fast for a residential area.
Maybe 35mph or less. I'm clicking on 0:12 repeatedly and I don't see a very fast acceleration or excessive speeding. The tree ate that hit.

It's a perfect example of the fact that ppl don't look any further than their hood about what's going on in front of them, Whether or not one was speeding or not(exception, had the speeder been coming from a blind turn/hill, etc.).

Wonder who will be at fault. Excessive speed or idiot turning into oncoming traffic. May end up 50 - 50 which sucks for Labo owner.

Most MR super cars have breakaway passenger compartments to help in a high speed crash. Besides the much lighter front end having less inertia and stopping faster than a tumbling motor/trans, it also separates the passengers from any risk of fire

Wonder who will be at fault. Excessive speed or idiot turning into oncoming traffic. May end up 50 - 50 which sucks for Labo owner.
Normally it could be said that the white car might have be speeding and the left turner couldn't see it....... But since the camera has the white car just turning on to the street from only a block away probably wasn't going that fast, plus the fact that the white car was close enough that the WC was hit on the SIDE as apposed to the WC T-boning the DC.
I'd say the BC will eat it.
But personally both need to hone their "Situational Awareness Skills"............. The law says you can't "Take" the right of way just because you have it.... meaning you can't hit someone if it can be avoided ......... (Been though that, got the T-shirt..... AND WON).

Most MR super cars have breakaway passenger compartments to help in a high speed crash. Besides the much lighter front end having less inertia and stopping faster than a tumbling motor/trans, it also separates the passengers from any risk of fire
lambos are built with breakaway bolts down the middle to purposely split in half for the reasons you said

A horrifying video of an appalling incident that took place in New York City between the driver of a black Range Rover and a large group of motorcyclists taking part in what is said to be an annual bikers' meeting has been making the internet rounds this morning. NYPD said that no one died in the incident and that the only person injured was the driver of the Range Rover.

In the footage, we see dozens of bikers circling the black Range Rover and eventually slowing down to a halt (at the 50 second mark), then, all of a sudden, the SUV makes a run for it driving over several riders.

A group of motorcyclists then chases the SUV on the freeway until they catch up with the driver on the Cross Bronx Expressway exit, and attempt to attack (at 4:55), but he or she makes another run for it, crashing into another biker(s) in the process.

The motorcyclists hop onto their bikes and continue the chase until the Range Rover hits traffic, with riders then breaking the windows of the SUV, at which point, the video ends…

An NYPD spokesman has said that the driver was a man in his 30s with his wife and child of under the age of five. The spokesman said that the only person injured was the driver who was taken to the hospital for lacerations to his face and body and that contrary to online commentators, there were no other injuries or a death as originally reported. The incident is still being investigated. No arrests have been made - yet...

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ukdkgLYYbw

Shocking. Lots of bikers should be getting tickets. Countless infractions. I wonder how it all started. I'm trying to put myself in the position of the SUV driver. I would have been into protect family mode too.

Shocking. Lots of bikers should be getting tickets. Countless infractions. I wonder how it all started. I'm trying to put myself in the position of the SUV driver. I would have been into protect family mode too.
I agree. If a pack of bikers surrounded my car with me and my family in it, I'd do the same thing. I'm not sure what the range rover driver may have done to provoke them, but surrounding a car with dozens of bikes and forcing it to pull over doesn't exactly make it seem like they're gonna be civil about anything.

I agree. If a pack of bikers surrounded my car with me and my family in it, I'd do the same thing. I'm not sure what the range rover driver may have done to provoke them, but surrounding a car with dozens of bikes and forcing it to pull over doesn't exactly make it seem like they're gonna be civil about anything.
Yeah I'm looking at this trying to figure out what happened. I would've acted as the driver did but we don't see how it started. Either way it is insane and we have had too much violence here recently.

My question is, what did the SUV driver do that made the bikers act the way they did?

Reactions: 323
My question is, what did the SUV driver do that made the bikers act the way they did?

Guy on the one bike pulls in front of him, gets in his lane and dangerously close, then he slows down abruptly and you can see the RR bumped into him. IMO the biker caused the accident.....from there is escalated and I feel the RR driver did what he had to do. You can see the one biker violently try to open the front door....

Guy on the one bike pulls in front of him, gets in his lane and dangerously close, then he slows down abruptly and you can see the RR bumped into him. IMO the biker caused the accident.....from there is escalated and I feel the RR driver did what he had to do. You can see the one biker violently try to open the front door....

Why the hell was his door unlocked? Especially if he was concerned about the situation!

1st.... I'm not condoning what the bikers did at any point of the video as we saw it........ There was something that we didn't see that made the bikers start doing the dumb crap they did...... and if the suv didn't actually touch any of the bikes before the video started, and just p-ssed some of them off, they need to call it in, not be vigilantes......

So......... with that explained, I like to know what the suv did to start this, and if he was concerned about his family, and himself, if he did something to start it, he should have been thinking about his family before p-ssing them off.

Why the hell was his door unlocked? Especially if he was concerned about the situation!
I noticed that too, of course that didn't help when the guy broke the window with his helmet.
I've seen this stuff for years as a professional driver, and a motorcyclist. Ppl need to control themselves.... Unf-cking believable.

The victim is Alex Lien (right).And that's his wife in the pic.
bikers1n-17-web.jpg

Back