Curb rash fix/remove

sahil

Hendersonville, Tennessee
Vehicle Model
Honda
Body Style
Coupe
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Not sure if this was right section to post. Sorry in advance but anyway it was good looking weather and finally break from cold and stuff, washing and cleaning my civic and when I try to clean rims, after cleaning 3 rims and finally on 4th rim I noticed those rash or idk what they are lol they are small but still my heart sank like titanic :ohnoes:And can't go for sleep lol:sinking:

Any way to remove them or what to do? Thanks

That's something that a wheel repair shop would have to fill in with filler and repair. It's not a paint touch up.
You're missing material...

Because the si rims are machined and cleared, it will be hard to match the rim when filled. If you notice, your rims have tiny circular lines which is near impossible to replicate perfectly. From my perspective, there is no way to restore it to the original. But it is fixable if you fill and paint/powdercoat, but that including doing all your other ones to match.

I would leave those alone bc the rashes cannot be repaired as AD mentioned. Unless you get all 4 wheels repainted (~$50-$100) or powder coated (~$80 per wheel).

The lines in the rim will be the hard part. If the rim was completely smooth you could attempt to fill/paint like the diy you posted. The fact that it has the lines, you can't really match that into filler. You'd almost have to flatten the entire face of the wheel to remove all the lines. Then it's a matter of finding a silver paint to match without having to do all of the other wheels. I don't even know what a wheel shop would say on something like that.

@Dar-Dar ok lol or maybe im thinking i just buy another rim idk yet, any ideas on what that gap is (above rash mark)? i just noticed when i opened 9thcivic on laptop and saw those big pics

Back