Cylinder head exhaust

Romb1k

Russia
lolqs.jpg

14tr0c01_e0401.png

Lol.

Somebody change head to normal 4x holes for tuning exhaust? For example, with the previous Si?

You posted two different engines. Top image is r18 with the "cat" hanging off the front. Lower image is K-series with the intake on the front. So yeah.... странно.

You posted two different engines. Top image is r18 with the "cat" hanging off the front. Lower image is K-series with the intake on the front. So yeah.... странно.
I posted image from K24 engine in New Civic Si 2012. NOT R18 CIVIC. Open eyes)

Photo R18 C.H.

cimageashxi.png

the circle in red with the #'s would be the exhaust manifold coming off the block. This is the same for the 2012. You just can't bolt a header on, as it has a cast exhaust manifold.

well, if that's what he was trying to say... a head swap would have to be done.

Yeah guess I was wrong, hard to tell from just an unlabeled pic. Saw the cat in the image, looked similar to the r18 pics. "Header" still won't happen though. Too bad.

well, if that's what he was trying to say... a head swap would have to be done.
It took me a while to realize that the first picture had the integrated manifold circled, and not the spark plug tubes. Then the "normal" 4x holes through me off. Ideally, I would think that once they do a cat delete, it shouldn't need much for a tune considering that you don't have to worry about equal length primaries. Just bolt on the straight pipe, and you have a smooth "equal" flow considering you only have one outlet. Actually should theoretically make more power than a header.

We anticipate that forced induction (a turbo or supercharger setup) will be quite a popular options for the 2012+ Si due to this exhaust configuration. The NA guys are going to have more trouble getting big power out of the motor...although Hondata somehow managed 20 hp with just a Reflash, so who knows!

We have popular in Russia Honda Accord
01-sxga.jpg
Here is the new machines of the same head with one hole. People change headed to the other, where 4 holes, and the good results from the stand! One hole is good only for turbines, because the flange to make it easy, you don't need any "trumpets of rams'horns". In short the idea is that, if you want get maximum power, then you need to change head on the other, there where 4 holes, and do a "spider" from the previous the civic Si.

So that's about Accord (k24 eninge "one hole head")
248_hp_k24_atmo.jpg
248 HP - not turbo, only programmed ECU (not hondata) and add Shor ram intak, VTC degress.
If add to this config "4 hole head" + RRC Intake = 260-270 HP or more.
260-270 in civic si = rocket)

Andd 300 hp Atmo K24 motor:

300hp_k24.jpg

specs:

- Block K24A4;
- K24 crankshaft (99mm stroke);
- In ACL RACE;
- Cranks EAGLE;
- Pistons CP (87.5mm);
- The degree of compression of 12.1;
- Pan with butter. protivootlivami;
- K20A2 oil pump;
- Water pump on DC5;
- Embedded oil. nozzles for cooling the piston from the bottom!;
- Cylinder Head K20A2 (Ports + radial facets);
- Shafts JUN;
- Adjustable gears, exposed ceiling;
- Klapa. spring TODA;
- The right bracket (on a standard pillow to K20);

Link

The only real problem like skunk2 3in and other companies with 3in delete cat down pipe, for a civic with a center collector on head, that the 3in is too big for 170-260ish wheel hp, it looses its volume air speed in the pipe , i recommend custom 2.5in and even a 2.5in to 2.5in header to exhaust, u will see better response in power and increase too between from5to 15extra whp and tq,

We have popular in Russia Honda Accord
View attachment 1336
Here is the new machines of the same head with one hole. People change headed to the other, where 4 holes, and the good results from the stand! One hole is good only for turbines, because the flange to make it easy, you don't need any "trumpets of rams'horns". In short the idea is that, if you want get maximum power, then you need to change head on the other, there where 4 holes, and do a "spider" from the previous the civic Si.

So that's about Accord (k24 eninge "one hole head")
View attachment 1337
248 HP - not turbo, only programmed ECU (not hondata) and add Shor ram intak, VTC degress.
If add to this config "4 hole head" + RRC Intake = 260-270 HP or more.
260-270 in civic si = rocket)
Andd 300 hp Atmo K24 motor:

View attachment 1338

specs:

- Block K24A4;
- K24 crankshaft (99mm stroke);
- In ACL RACE;
- Cranks EAGLE;
- Pistons CP (87.5mm);
- The degree of compression of 12.1;
- Pan with butter. protivootlivami;
- K20A2 oil pump;
- Water pump on DC5;
- Embedded oil. nozzles for cooling the piston from the bottom!;
- Cylinder Head K20A2 (Ports + radial facets);
- Shafts JUN;
- Adjustable gears, exposed ceiling;
- Klapa. spring TODA;
- The right bracket (on a standard pillow to K20);

Link

Welcome to the site sir! Very impressive numbers, and a VERY impressive parts list (except the "pan with butter"...I don't quite understand that one). I know this is an expensive hobby, but very few people would ever be able to afford to do an engine build like that. Sadly, Pro Civic is right that most of the NA people are going to have tougher times finding power.

The only real problem like skunk2 3in and other companies with 3in delete cat down pipe, for a civic with a center collector on head, that the 3in is too big for 170-260ish wheel hp, it looses its volume air speed in the pipe , i recommend custom 2.5in and even a 2.5in to 2.5in header to exhaust, u will see better response in power and increase too between from5to 15extra whp and tq,

In general I would probably agree with you, but Skunk2 actually tested their header vs a competitor's 2.5 inch header. The Skunk2 outperformed the 2.5 inch one in all respects by about 2 to 4 whp. The extra gains could be due to the smoother bends on the Skunk2 unit, but I think it's pretty safe to say the 3 inch diameter didn't hurt performance. I would show you the full write-up with all the details backing this up, but it's on another forum. Basically, Skunk2 did not go out looking to do this test...a customer actually came in to them with the competitor's 2.5 downpipe already installed, so they took the opportunity to do a back to back test.

Last edited:
Back