Dash trim kits

I've not tried this before but I've heard of the company before. Can't remember what was said though

The factory dash is finally growing on me, and the mix of plastics isn't bothering me quite as much. While the black fiber trim kit really looks awesome, I'm actually scared to death to glue anything over the existing trim especially since there no nicks or scratches.

At the dealership where I bought my coupe, they had a few civics with various dash kits pre installed. They looked and felt quality and totally changed the look of the interior, my favorite was the titanium burl which look like black and white marble ... very sweet! The kit of choice was the "Remin" 26 piece basic kit (only about $150) and the CARID site has a youtube installation video .... it looks pretty easy. I just ordered mine cuz the dealership wanted $400 for the installed kit ... yeah right!

Ok ... installing my Remin dash kit tomorrow ... titanium burl ... I will take some picks and post.

Nicee, i'm thinking about doing the same thing (if it doesn't burn a hole through my pocket), did you install it yourself? How much did the kit end up costing you?

You can get the Remin kit for $150 from CARID.com and if you use code AH860 or RL863 at checkout it will give you a 5% discount (anything helps..right?). The install is pretty easy, just follow the instructions to clean your dash, use the promoter (especially if the temp is below 70 degrees) and the key is to "take your time"!!. All the pieces fit perfectly.

If any dealership in your area offers similar dash kits, they should have a display of samples in their show room. I found this was the best way to actually see what the finish looks like before you buy. CARID will send you samples, but they charge you for them :(

Good luck ... I am sure you will love how it dresses up your interior!

Just installed the dash kit and IMO it looks awesome! Heer are some pics:
Wow that looks amazing!!! I wish I had the nerve to try it. Just my luck I would have a problem with alignment and make a mess of the whole thing.

You will be surprised how easy it really is and as long as you don’t press to commit as you are lining the pieces up, you can easily pull it off and realign it. Actually it’s hard to screw it up as they are "fitted" pieces. Also with the 3M tape, it holds up excellent in the heat, my car sat in 85 degree sun all day and the dashkit was as solid as the day I installed it.

I'd be more concerned about how it would hold up in our Canadian cold rather than the heat. We get weird things occuring with just the stock interiors thanks to our frigid winter temps, lol. Looks good though, aside from the screens/displays our interiors are otherwise a little on the bland side.

If it is any help, I first installed it in Feburary and had no problem on those cold days. The kit uses a promoter and 3M adhesive so I don't think you will have a problem even with your Canadian winters :)

Back