Dealer Damaged my rim/tire... Service Manager refuses to take responsiblity

Damn....sucks man. I would be livid!!!

I would almost ask for a rim and tire seperate and take it to a tire shop and the dealership can pick up the bill since they do not know how to do a proper job on anything.

*Update* Webby, your guess was spot on! After they looked at my wheel and took a closer look at their tire mounting machine, they concluded that it was their machine that caused the scratches. I now have a new rim on order that should be here on Monday. They also said that they replaced what ever part on the machine that caused the scratches so that it wont happen next time. Now I just have to wait and see how everything turns out on Monday. I'll keep you guys updated.

I bought my Si at the same Criswell. This post made me uneasy at first since all my oil changes are done here haha. Glad they took care of you though. Good luck!

*Update* Webby, your guess was spot on! After they looked at my wheel and took a closer look at their tire mounting machine, they concluded that it was their machine that caused the scratches. I now have a new rim on order that should be here on Monday. They also said that they replaced what ever part on the machine that caused the scratches so that it wont happen next time. Now I just have to wait and see how everything turns out on Monday. I'll keep you guys updated.
Updates?

We got a little bit of snow on Monday and Tuesday so I wasnt in a hurry to get the wheel put on but they did say they would call me when the new rim came in, which was expected to arrive on Monday, but I never received a call or email from them. I ended up emailing them yesterday and I got a response from their service manager telling me that the rim just came in. Im now scheduled to go there on Friday to get my replacement rim put on so im still waiting to see how everything turns out. Hopefully they do a good job so I can finally put this behind me.

Why do dealerships always try to screw people over and avoid liability for their mistakes? You would think they would jump at the chance to make things right when they break something so that when you're ready to buy your next car you will prefer to work with them again. They would get the sale and your trade in that way. Been reading about dealers service departments doing this kind of thing a lot. It bothers me :(

Why do dealerships always try to screw people over and avoid liability for their mistakes? You would think they would jump at the chance to make things right when they break something so that when you're ready to buy your next car you will prefer to work with them again. They would get the sale and your trade in that way. Been reading about dealers service departments doing this kind of thing a lot. It bothers me :(

Because it easy that way. It's kinda hard for customer to prove that they messed up. As for the sales go, you already bought the car from them and made money from the sale.

Because it easy that way. It's kinda hard for customer to prove that they messed up. As for the sales go, you already bought the car from them and made money from the sale.
Yes but you're forgetting about possible repeat business because you like dealing with the dealership and don't you remember the shampoo commercial?

View: http://youtu.be/oCjmDI4AJlk

Yes but you're forgetting about possible repeat business because you like dealing with the dealership and don't you remember the shampoo commercial?

View: http://youtu.be/oCjmDI4AJlk

Depends on the customer I guess. But I don't have the money to buy a new car every 2 years (or 5) so maybe depending on the person. And I live 90 miles away from my dealer. Haven't step foot there after delivery.

Glad to see you get somewhere with this, some techs just have no respect for otheres cars. Even if it is a $25k it should still be handeled with care

Hallelujah! They finally got it right! I just came back from the dealer and got the new rim put on. The service manager did a quick inspection with me when I got the car back and from what I can tell, everything finally looks good. It took a few tries but I suppose the end result is what matters most. It's quite interesting how fast the service manager's demeanor changed after I wrote the email to his service director. He was a lot more polite and personable today which was a far cry from how he treated me when I first brought up this issue over a week ago. Hopefully I never have to deal with something like this again but I'm glad its finally done with so I can move on from it..... SO in the end, they fixed the issue and I got my new tire and new rim :)

Also, thanks again for everyone that responded to my post. I really appreciate everyone's tips and guidance on how to approach this situation. You guys are awesome :thumb:

Last edited:
Always helps going up the chain to get results. He probably got an ear full from the supervisor.

Back