Dealership Scheduled Service?

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I have already done the first scheduled service of my car after I had the message "A1" (At least I think that's what the message code was).

Now I have the second service message popping up on my Imid. I think it says "B2", but I can't remember and the car is not here.

My questions:

1) Is there an available list of all the services, ideally in the order they come up, and the explanation of each code? Costs of each one too? (Somehow I doubt it.....maybe we could start sharing how much people are paying for each service. ???)

2) What if I say no to some of the services because I want to do them myself. Does my warranty become jeopardized?

Paul, my A1 service was right around $50 and my B service was right around $150 or so. I had a $200 service credit from when I got the car so it covered the first two services for the most part.

I have already done the first scheduled service of my car after I had the message "A1" (At least I think that's what the message code was).

Now I have the second service message popping up on my Imid. I think it says "B2", but I can't remember and the car is not here.

My questions:

1) Is there an available list of all the services, ideally in the order they come up, and the explanation of each code? Costs of each one too? (Somehow I doubt it.....maybe we could start sharing how much people are paying for each service. ???)

2) What if I say no to some of the services because I want to do them myself. Does my warranty become jeopardized?

Keep receipts for all the work you do yourself. Generally, the maintenance minder goes A,B,A,B...the sub codes depend on how you drive. Typically, you'll see an MM1 (tire rotation)every other service; MM2 every 40 000km-ish, an MM3 anywhere from 72 000-100 000km, and an MM4 around 150 000- 160 000km - but it differs for every vehicle AND you may find that you need air and cabin filters (MM2 -you can easily do this yourself) as early as 20 000km depending on your environment. I hate the maintenance minder- its a marketing tool that results in under serviced vehicles.

What do you mean under serviced?

Well this is only my opinion... When I started with Honda/Acura 22 years ago the service interval was 6 000km and the sequence was - oil change: oil change, brake service and tire rotation; oil change; oil change, transmission fluid change, brake service, tire rotation and minor tune up. Then the service interval was increased to 8 000km for four cylinders and remained at 6 000km for V6's. The sequence was oil change, oil change and rotation, oil change rotation brake service. Where the transmission fluid was changed at 24 000km before, it was now changed at 48 000km. Cars with conventional ignition systems went from distributor cap and rotor replacement at 48 000km to 96 000km. We frequently saw cars come in on the hook after 72 000km because the cap and rotors simply would not go to 96 000km without a failure. Currently your oil change interval can be anywhere from 6 000km to more than 15 000km. In the worst case senario (15 000km) you are now servicing the brakes every 30 000km - the pads may seize in the sadddles, the rotors pit because the pads can't move freely to generate enough heat to remove moisture off the rotor surface - especially in our environment in the Great White North. I've seen vehicles ask for a transmission change as late as 90 000km. The point is that back in the day by the time you're vehicle hit 100 000km you'd have done 16 oil changes - under the Maintenance Minder it could be as low as six! And as most people can't find their dipsticks anymore, the engines are often chronically run low on oil - resulting in premature timing chain failure. The Japanese manufacturers not only made well engineered vehicles in the 1990's, they also had rigid maintenance schedules that their loyal customers followed. All this did was made sure the cars were maintained and would run forever. This was all part of the formula that allowed Honda and Toyota to build the reputations that they well earned. Now the manufacturers want to offer the perception that their vehicles are cheap to maintain. Yes I realize that the oils and coolants etc. have improved; direct ignition is maintenance free and platinum and iridium plugs last longer than the old conventional plugs. All I've got to say about that is that you can pay me now, or pay me later...

20130613_112123-1.jpg

This just in...

Back