Debadged!!!!

welcome to the site... any pics of your car with the plastidip emblems?

temporary-21.jpg

temporary-20.jpg

temporary-19.jpg

temporary-18.jpg

temporary-17.jpg

temporary-16.jpg

I didn't take any of them off. Just taped it off about 1\4 of an inch around them and sprayed. When it's dry just peel the excess off and viola, plasti diped emblems.

Now take the H off and post pics of how you got to those little tabs, I'm pretty sure the plastic panel comes off and that should make it very simple but I don't want to go breaking crap.lol

Now take the H off and post pics of how you got to those little tabs, I'm pretty sure the plastic panel comes off and that should make it very simple but I don't want to go breaking crap.lol
there's no reason to take the H off if your using plastidip.

I do have a question which I did not see answered, how exactly did you take off the Si badge off. I honestly would love my car without the Si badges and VTEC sticker on the side. For one i do not want to advertise to all the people it is a VTEC and so on and second I love the look of a clean car, I want to take the dealer sticker off as well. I chose black for the looks and a clean black car is best without any extras at least in my humble opinion.

Same time I love the lost look of other drivers off the red light when a civic jumps far in front of their attempt to go take off fast :> maybe not the nicest thing to do but so much fun. I stop at the legal speed limit, I think the most fun in this car is up to 100 Km/h.

So if you have DYI tips please share!

Fishing line or dental floss run behind the rear SI emblem will work. A hair dryer or a little heat from a heat gun helps soften the adhesive. Same principal with heat works to soften the vtec stickers and dealership stickers. Get a corner heated up and you should be able to work the sticker off without too much hastle. A little rubbing alcohol should remove any left over adhesive residue on the paint.

Fishing line or dental floss run behind the rear SI emblem will work. A hair dryer or a little heat from a heat gun helps soften the adhesive. Same principal with heat works to soften the vtec stickers and dealership stickers. Get a corner heated up and you should be able to work the sticker off without too much hastle. A little rubbing alcohol should remove any left over adhesive residue on the paint.

That's good to know, I am currently overseas but as soon as I am back i will give it a go. Thanks!

Needles to say though I see all the euro civics here I think the ca/na Si is much nicer :) The smaller civics here miss the big engines we have in north america. Lots of beamers and audis here but not so many hondas. Common to see a red line light full pack of audis or beamers though, sometimes only german cars. None of them have the Honda sound though, I will not talk about a v 8 beamer sound, pedal to the metal :)

Back