DIY DIY: How to fix the hole drilled in your front bumper

spicy

Taken directly from me, original post on 8thcivic.com

DIY- Front License Plate Flip W/ Pics - Page 10 - 8th Generation Honda Civic Forum

spicy;3255853 said:
/\ /\

if there is a hole drilled in your front bumper, take the little bit of plastic around the edge of the hole that the screw pushed away when it went into the bumper, and push it all back into the center of the hole, thus filling the hole that the screw made with the plastic that it pushed off to the sides when it was drilled in.

once its all pushed in and almost flush, put a little bit of caulk or filler (i used crazy glue) on the top of the hole so no water or anything can get into the hole and let it sit for a minute. Then push the plastic that you have used to fill the hole in a bit more (use a plastic tool, a fine point, or the end of a small screw driver.

Then, once it dries, get an OEM paint stick from you dealer, and paint over the hole, then clear coat over top of that.

frontedit.jpg

sideedit.jpg

closeedit.jpg

IF you guys have any questions, or anything to add, feel free. I love the way this ended up looking, and it saved me money as i didnt have to buy a bumper plug, or anything else.

After a few years, the old Coupe still looked gorgeous, and the fix stayed true, to this day!

Shocker26.jpg

Back